I lost my hero

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Robert,

Words are so inadequate at a time like this. We are saddened by your loss, and honored that you'd share your memories of your father with us. Many of us, myself included, have experienced the loss of our father and can empathize to a degree. However, nobody can truly know how profoundly it's hurting you right now.

You'll no doubt hear many cliches in the days, weeks, and months to come. They won't help, but don't get angry at the kind-hearted persons that deliver them. Rarely do people really know what the right thing to say is. I've felt the hurt, and I still don't know the "right thing" to say. Time does NOT heal all wounds - - but the scars become less noticable and the pain fades. Whatever you do, don't let the fond memories fade.

Never be afraid to talk.

Our most sincere condolences.

Tony

My condolences to you. I lost my dad suddenly two years ago and had a hard time dealing with it. Just remember he had a great life and career and that when your time comes you will be with him again in a much better place.

Hero

Our thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.
My father passed away 15 years ago and it was truly the hardest thing I have ever experienced....

To My Father and My Hero...

His soul set forth on journey
Borne up on wings in flight
Majestic wings guiding him
To Heaven's purest light.

The angels kiss him softly
He feels no grief nor woe
Radiant as a plane in flight
His spirit all aglow.

Loved ones there await him
God's glory all around
Sparkling with the stars above
He now wears Heaven's crown.

"A memory is a keepsake of time that lives forever in the heart."

Flightcrew, You brought a tear to my eye with that one. We are going to use it at the funeral on Wednesday. If that is ok.

We will be leaving for Greenville, Tx in the next hour for the funeral. My wife and sister-in-law have put together a collage of pictures of Dad. I want to remember him like he was before he was sick. Sometimes it has been hard to think back to the "old" Dad.

Before he went back to the Nursing home on Sunday, he stood up out of his wheel chair and gave my wife a hug good bye. That was the first time he had gotten out of the chair by himself in two months.

Reading the messages on here has lifted our spirits and brought more than one tear. Thanks everybody, Robert

My sincerest condolences.

I lost mine last September to Cancer, and just found out yesterday that the young guy I used to split a lot of time with (now a kick-azz CFI) lost his Dad suddenly two months ago (coronary).

This father's day will be a tough one for a lot of us. :(

"Prost" to your Father, for a life well-lived! And Godspeed on his last flight!

Minhberg

na265,

My condolences to you and your family. I lost my dad about 2 years ago. It's tough but time heals. Never forget the times you had with him and never let your children forget him.

God bless,

Ultraman

Thankyou for sharing a part of your dad with us. It is obvious you are very proud of him. My condolences.

Mark

My Hero, My Dad

Na,

Sorry I haven't been online. I didn't respond in time but you had my permission to use it. I hope all is going well with you and your family.

Again, my prayers and thoughts are with you.....
And may your memories be ever cherished.....

Flightcrew

Sounds like one great career! Thanks for letting us all know about your loss. Please accept my condolences as well. This is a great group that posts on this site. They helped me through some tough times back in December and I know how much it means it have people acknowledge the loss of a loved one. Blue skies to him and your family. Dad.

Latest resources

Back