Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

I live 2:05 from CLE am I SOL for a CS position?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
They actually fire guys for this? Wow.

Why not? When you get hired you promise (part of the employment paperwork) that you LIVE/RESIDE (not the same as crashpads/in-laws, etc) within 2 hours. They find out you lied, why should they keep you employed?

So what if you live 1:55 away from base this year, but next year they close a road that is on your route from your home to the airport and now it takes you 2:01 to get to the airport. Do you have to move?

Once your address is confirmed they never look again, why should they they already confirmed it.
Now if what you suggested happened and you decided to buy your neighbors house, you would need to make sure that its 2 hours. But who really moves next door or across the street?

The system does have its flaws, but where else can you say during your interview where you are going to be based? Also, you can move to as many different bases as you wish, as long as you meet the 2 hour window. I know lots of people who summer in NY and winter in FL.

Had a buddy that lived in Jax. Drove to mco for his domicile. Never knew how he pulled it off! (you know who you are)!

They actually fire guys for this? Wow.

So what if you live 1:55 away from base this year, but next year they close a road that is on your route from your home to the airport and now it takes you 2:01 to get to the airport. Do you have to move?

Yes, and Netjets does not have this restriction in terms of where your house is located. You just have to be at your domicile at a certain time. Big difference and yet another consideration.

That's ok...I just checked for grins since I've been thinking about CS...my place is 2 hours and 1 minute from PHX...DAMN!!!

That's ok...I just checked for grins since I've been thinking about CS...my place is 2 hours and 1 minute from PHX...DAMN!!!

I found a a driving time of 1:57 on MSN maps! I did'nt know they had a map site until now:). Hopefully that will be adquate. As far as Netjets goes I think that window is closed for me because of longer upgrade times and less pay for the first 2-3 years in the right seat. Otherwise NJ's would be a good idea, I just don't want to wait 5 years to make good money. Not a flame at all I have a lot of respect for them and QOL may be better there. It's all relative in this dynamic industry anyway.

Try checking the drive time to a different FBO at your base/field of choice.

Know of someone who is more than two hours away from my base if he uses the terminal as the end point but is just below the 2 hour mark when he plugs in some of the FBOs at the field.

End result hired.

Crappy commute though when you get that inevitable 6 am departure of choice. :smash:

Good luck

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back