Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

I know, Question about US and Foreign University degrees as they apply to the Majors?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Ex1900Driver

Sky Anchor
Question about US and Foreign University degrees as they apply to the Majors?

Hey everyone...

I've come to the decision to finally finish my University Degree. The question is... I'm considering getting my degree from back home in England.

The basic question is, am I doing myself a disservice if i get a degree that isn't accredited here in the US when it comes to trying to get hired in the US??

Anyone with insight, or experience with this sort of situation?

Also any recommendations on Distance Learning Programs here in the US that accept life experience credit??

Thanks for the help in advance
Ex1900Driver

Last edited:
I have a BA from the University of Central England. I've been in the US for the last 18 years and I'm on my 3rd airline job. At one interview I was asked if I brought my college transcript. I explained that the transcript doesn't exist in the UK education system and I showed them my degree certificate from 1993 which looks like something anyone with a computer and a printer could produce these days and they accepted it.

Don't think it matters much. Some Airlines will require that you get the degree evaluated by an educational credential evaluation service. Preferably a NACES member - http://www.naces.org/members.htm
Make sure you do it before sending in your applications !! I missed an interview opportunity because I hadn't done it.

Last edited:
I have a BA from the University of Central England. I've been in the US for the last 18 years and I'm on my 3rd airline job. At one interview I was asked if I brought my college transcript. I explained that the transcript doesn't exist in the UK education system and I showed them my degree certificate from 1993 which looks like something anyone with a computer and a printer could produce these days and they accepted it.

Appreciate your experience!

Don't think it matters much. Some Airlines will require that you get the degree evaluated by an educational credential evaluation service. Preferably a NACES member - http://www.naces.org/members.htm
Make sure you do it before sending in your applications !! I missed an interview opportunity because I hadn't done it.

Thanks for that. A good bit of information to have!

Latest resources

Back