I knew it was going to happen

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
PeanuckleCRJ said:
It really hurt to ask, didn't it? If there is any doubt at anytime, my airplane stops and we ask. Added points if there is a Southwest plane stuck behind me trying to taxi at 80 mph to the gate.

THATS SO TRUE!...a little off subject i know but has anyone else noticed that SWA always seems like theyre doing mach 2 on the straight aways when taxiing to the gate....

snap145 said:
a little off subject i know but has anyone else noticed that SWA always seems like theyre doing mach 2 on the straight aways when taxiing to the gate....

Luckily they slow to .80 when making turns. The tires aren't rated for anything more.

ah...it's the little things that entertain us

thesource said:
I thought it might be a Delta captain but I lost that bet!
Runway 8R is closed, Most of the concrete is removed, there is a fence all the way around it, a big lighted X next to the taxiway on the runway. For all practical purposes the runway does not exist, yet....

I ended up behind a guy that held short and would not cross to 8L until the tower cleared him to cross the non existant runway.

The inflection in the controllers voice when he cleared him to cross was priceless.

This is what happens when the position one holds exceeds ones experience and common sense.

Kinda like asking ORD if it is ok to cross the street when on the alpha bridge.

Any Frenchman, last name Dumas, can see it is obvious that no freakin' airplane will be landing on that big darn flashing 'X' , so the pilot that asked for clearance to cross is quite the retarded soul. We all know how it works here in ATL!

Didn't get clearance to land eh? ..... Controller: " You did see the green light didn't you?" Use SOME intelligence guys!

Oh, and by the way, would 99% of folks that post here, PLEASE LEARN TO SPELL, or at least use SPELL CHECK!

It drives me crazy, ye of lesser education!

Controllers exists to support you, you don't exist to support controllers.....don't ever forget that.

Don't EVER hesitate to get clarification on a clearence, EVER. Only an idiot controller/pilot will give you attitude for this.

thesource said:
I thought it might be a Delta captain but I lost that bet!
Runway 8R is closed, Most of the concrete is removed, there is a fence all the way around it, a big lighted X next to the taxiway on the runway. For all practical purposes the runway does not exist, yet....

I ended up behind a guy that held short and would not cross to 8L until the tower cleared him to cross the non existant runway.

The inflection in the controllers voice when he cleared him to cross was priceless.

This is what happens when the position one holds exceeds ones experience and common sense.

whaaaaaaaaa whaaaaaaaaaaaa whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

jobear said:
Hugh had a Bris? I didn't even get him anything; who was the Moil was it Mr Fieldhiem? Ohh he's good, he did my cousins sisters nieces nephew's son!!!

I believe I have exceeded my sarcasm limit for the day...

Jobear
+

So what doe sa Moil and a Waiter have in common? They both get to keep the tip!!

snap145 said:
THATS SO TRUE!...a little off subject i know but has anyone else noticed that SWA always seems like theyre doing mach 2 on the straight aways when taxiing to the gate....

Oh come on now, don't exaggerate.....

We never exceed .80 with the gear down.

Latest resources

Back