Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Alin10123

Hey guys,
Not to cause a big fuss. I just did my first solo today! I'm so excited. I thought my heart was going to be pounding like crazy. But it wasn't. It only got slightly faster and once i was off of the ground i looked around and thought "hmm, i kind of like this".

I did 3 times full stop around the pattern. First landing was a slight bounce, 2nd was really good, but third had a crosswind pickup and was drifting slightly on the touchdown. But all in all... i am very excited. I actually wanted to go for a 4th time around so that i could get a perfect landing in there but i figured i'd better not. It was getting dark and my instructor specifically said 3 times. Good thing i didn't go for the 4th, he was back at the school with a handheld listening to me. So... if i had gone he would've known. lol

Cross country stuff next...

Congrats! That was 12 years ago for me and I still remember the feeling.

Good luck with the rest of your training!

Congrats!

Very similar to the first time you have sex. You start off kind of nervous, not really knowing what to expect then you just when you start the get the hang of it...... It's all over and you walk away with a big grin of your face.

Congratulations, and welcome to the fraternity/sorority! It's truly a once-in-a-lifetime event, one which you will never do again (1st solo, that is). good luck with your future flying endeavours!!!

Congrats man! you will remember this forever. hope the rest of your training goes just as well.

you were a pilot before champ!!!... now you have the icing...

have a beer... or a shirley temple on me... or keep my number (pm me) and i will owe you one down the road

MAS said:
you were a pilot before champ!!!... now you have the icing...

have a beer... or a shirley temple on me... or keep my number (pm me) and i will owe you one down the road

Meh... not muhc of a drinker. I may just have a shirley temple then. lol
So how exactly do you plan on this drink being on you?

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back