Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

F/O

Smells like....
Absolutely zero.......am I the only one???

The latest announcement basically states that not only will UAL put no more money into it (we already knew that), but also that they will not utilize outside capital either. You don't have to be a brain surgeon to realize that they are now saying this because.........THEY COULDN'T FIND ANY!!

But wait folks, there's more. Stuart Oran, the guy who has run the project for the last 2 years quits. Even the world's best spinmeister couldn't put a positive spin on these developments.

So here we have a venture that cannot generate revenue to support itself but yet is not receiving any cash from other sources. Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't this where the whole thing grinds to a halt?

I don't know who you can chalk this failure up to. I suppose that within the company they could always lay most of the blame on Goodwin--an easy target, he's gone anyway. But you can't ignore the fact that both Creighton and Dubinsky voted for it, and United's ALPA endorsed the idea.

Oh well, it's only another $100 million down the drain. On the bright side, that's not as much as they squandered on the USAir deal, right?

Who really gives a big ya-hoo?

Avolar, EJA, BizJet, Options... Either it will or it won't I don't know why all of you have to be so negative about every little detail and it sounds like you're promoting its failure???

Why would you make a post like this? Do you just need a little attention?

I wish all the folks with Avolar the best
I'll bet the've got some slow times ahead, but I don't believe that they're just gonna quit.

Example... List all those airlines that were predicted to be filing bankrupt in 6 months of Sept 11th that have actually folded as a result of it.

Promote positive information rather than negative.

No, no attention necessary.

I was, however, trying to draw attention to the fact that this was and is an ill-advised and ill-fated venture that is rapidly going the way of the USAir deal. This is a a venture that then boardmembers Creighton and Dubinsky both voted for. Creighton because, and I quote him exactly, "Jim Goodwin thought it was a good idea" and Dubinsky for undisclosed reasons many would say were not in the best interests of his ALPA constituency.

I hope that I am wrong about this. I wish everyone at A+ the best, especially those facing a SECOND furlough...

Latest resources

Back