• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

I have a question for all airline pilots

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Best of luck to you Nick, I can give you the best bit of advise on what you need.... Commitment.

Hang in there, ask a lot of questions, take it all in and you'll figure out what to do when the time comes.. first get thru high school without getting into too much trouble! ;)

PS.. and take MLBWINGBORNS words to heart, I agree with his take the most.

Last edited:
Apply for the Cadet Program with Cathay Pacific Airways. 15 months to SO on Airbus 340. Competitive but they pay for everything. Training in Australia.

All the stuff on colleges and getting your ratings is great info. But I think the best advice given was by MLBWINGBORN. You need to be so so so aware of the people you meet and how you treat them. You will have so many more opportunities presented to you by people you know than the hours in your logbook. Find an FBO or a charter operator near you and bug them until they give you a job doing anything at all. Work your butt off, be good to everyone and try to keep in touch with everyone you can. Networking is so important, and its one of those things that in my opinion people seriously underestimate and neglect. Having 10,000 hours of jet time is great, but a having good reputation and knowing the right people is what gets you the job.

. I like the part about marrying the right woman too. It's a strange career, but it's also a job you hate to love. Its a great ride, and welcome aboard. Good luck to you.

Here is some good advice from a pilot in Paraguy concerning marriage,
You can marry a poor woman or a rich woman they are all the same.
If you are still poor after you get married it is your own fault.
To all the qualities of the ideal wife add some money to help with
finances.

Nicholas,

You got lots of great advice here, I agree with pretty much all replies. Just stay focused on your future, stay out of trouble and one day you’ll be flying airplanes for a living. Good luck to you! av80r.

Wow, talk about feeling like an idiot! I didn't realize this thread was so old when i responded.. I sure hope he's doing good. Maybe he's a Freshman at the U and in ROTC or something..

Latest resources

Back