I got in!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Vandal

Got a call today from the unit, I made it! Staring OCS probably about a year, then a few more and I'll be flossin the c-130's! Wooohoo! thanks for the interview help guys, I really appreciate it.

You da' man. Expect some very hard work, but a fabulous time for the next 18 months to 2 years.

Keep your UPT experiences flowing to these boards...there are tons of young guys like you who are anxious to hear about the experience.

Again...good for you.

Albie

C-130

Vandel:

Congrat's on your new position. See, all that fun fancy flying we did at Flightsafety paid off...I just hope that great formation flying we did around OBE is going to pay off in UPT. OCS as my father tells me is not bad, keep your mouth closed, chin in, and chest out.

I wish I was going with ya...I'm still thinking about the NJ ANG. I fly with a guy that flys out of Willow Grove PA, he flies DC9s, he is a reserve pilot, I'm going to go to Willow Grove with him to check the place out, we'll see what happens.

I'll call you later.

Which board?

Vandal,

Congrats.
Why such a far off timeframe for OTS?
Is your package going to the Fall Reserve board?

Andrew

Vandal--

Congratuations! Get ready for the best, yet most difficult, year of your life. You will absolutely love it.

Remember two important points:

1. Always, and I mean ALWAYS, give it 100%. That means, for example, sitting down with your bros at the table when not flying and pouring over the -1 for the umpteenth time, memorizing all of the IFR procedures, and knowing the regs cold. What you learn in that year will stay with you for the rest of your life. No kidding!

2. Work with your bros and bro-ettes during UPT. There are no awards for doing the UPT trick by yourself; cooperate and graduate is the key. Help everyone out by playing "stump the dummy" during your study sessions. If everyone in your class graduates with you, you have achieved a superb goal.

Best of luck!

Sonic my package is being sent into the Fall board in september. I've been told that for civilians you will then get an OCS date approx. 6 months later. Could be earlier though, who knows.

Six months seems like an awefully long time.
My unit told me 1-2 months for an OTS date, but that might be because I'm 28.

Latest resources

Back