Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

I fly passenger jets. I live off of condiments.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Tired Also

Nonstop. I do agree with you. I have been flying for a regional for 4 1/2 years now out of STL. We have a couple of scheduled lines that just have an OVERNIGHT and that is all. You guys should see the flight crew come in at around 6:30 am and stumble into the crew room. Even though it is only ONE flight, getting to the hotel around 845pm and then getting up at 4:30 am SUCKS. I dare any of you who have not done a schedule like that to try it just for 4 days. For me, Sleeping is difficult during the day time so I will get about 5 hours of sleep in a strange bed with kids running up and down the hall ways untill Ohhh Mid Night. Try calling the front desk just to find out that nothing will be done about it.

Nonstop is right. The FAA and congress are too concerned about whether a Pilot payed for a beer with his credit card during dinner. They should get up and fly with us on just one FULL Sequence and see if maybe the rules for crew rest should be changed.

The fun does not stop with just a short over night. Now try flying 8 legs back and forth all day long with a DUTY day of near 16 hours ( Yes its legal ). Lets just say that by the end of it you are worn out. Now you have 2 more days to look forward to.

Regional airlines are a great place to go if you are an insomniac and love macaroni and cheeze.

If you dont believe me, PM me and I will get you a couple of passes to see what we really deal with in the real world

BTW Mike. Your an A$$. With only 2000 hours I doubt seriously that you even have the first hint of a clue as to what we are talking about. Please shut up and leave this to the professionals.

Last edited:
My hats off to you Skyypimp.... I feel your pain with those schedules... doing the same myself this week... except we get in (land) at 1145pm, with a 5am departure... not fun. Did it in the Jball way back when, and at least now have an autopilot to help in the morning...

Is it "legal" on paper? Yes. Is it the safest thing out there? I think we all know the answer to that. Does the FAA care? I think we know the answer to that too.

This industry is sliding deeper and deeper into the crapper, maybe I should just buy that pretzel cart on Ebay and work in the park!

Maybe that's why all our F/A's hand us bags of pretzels every day.... And here I thought it was because they were being nice.

Latest resources

Back