Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

I find that type of attitude a sad premonition for the future of your merger with XJT

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
The reality is, that this product has been out there for 5 or 6 years in it's present form. It has been demonstrated at many airlines, and employee groups. To date, not one company has bought the product. That speaks for itself!

Comair used an earlier version of this product as their first PBS system when it was called SLICK bidding system. After a couple of years of utter frustration and contempt, they were able to procure a different bidding system. Part of the complaint was that an award could not be explained--due to the award engine and the way that it worked. Why did they 86 it?

From what has been stated, this Company has no customers, no other products, no evidence that they can support the product, and other than a piece of paper that says they exist, no place of business that could be construed that it is even an established enterprise. It's simply a one-man show and the one man does not even live in this country. Please----I have some snake oil I want to sell you!

The product has only been demonstrated on a PC, and not in a live environment with 400-500 pilots bidding on it at one time! In other words, there is no evidence that this even works, no matter what the chosen logic programmed into the software is. It is still on the drawing board after 6 or 7 years, with NO Customers! Do you want to risk your schedule and quality of life on a beta product?

NOT ME!

Are you a current employee of ExpressJet? Why and what is your motivation for being a disciple of an unproven, and unsold product? Are you getting a bird-dog fee or cut?

Pretty much everything you've said here is not fact, or has been spun Fox News Style.

Ask the guys at Sun Country (pre-bankruptcy) about SmartPref and how it worked in a live system. How about the narrowbody Luftansa guys. Not to mention there are a couple of other U.S. airlines in various stages of testing for their operations (not many line bidders left, should be easy to figure out who)

Not sure what the SLICK program has to do with SmartPref, but show me how they are connected, I couldn't find anything.

What I did find was the developer of SmartPref is the same guy who designed the first PBS system for TWA. TWA pilots loved this new program, this was before management saw the potential to use PBS as a way to harm pilots.

So since past history is important to you, I would consider the SmartPref lineage comes from a bidding system that allows crews a better QOL.

Well, I just got my June schedule and turned my 7 days of vacation into 18 in a row. 2 easy 4 days on both ends. And why would I want to change my PBS for something else?

Well, I just got my June schedule and turned my 7 days of vacation into 18 in a row. 2 easy 4 days on both ends. And why would I want to change my PBS for something else?

Well, my buddy got his June schedule nearly 2 weeks ago and turned his 7 days of vacation into 18 in a row. 1 easy 4 day and a 2 day totaling 25 days off for the month. And why would we want to change our line bidding for something else?

Plenty of senior guys hold schedules like your buddy around here. And it doesnt matter to me one way or another if you want to come over to pbs. I am very pleased with the schedules I get with our pbs and was just stating that. From what ive been told, yall get your schedules and just swap and drop trips to improve it. Well, unless there is some "magic bullet" in this new ta, about 95% of your swaps will not be approved due to low coverage and NO trips will be dropped. Thats just how lean Brad and Jerry run this place. Most likely from what I hear, the TA will have a pbs system in it and so I would think you would want a system that is proven and HONORS seniority.

And as far as that crap goes about just keeping us separate if we cant agree on pbs, in case you havent been paying attention in the last however many years since Inc purchased us, Jerry loves the whipsaw. And i can PROMISE you than when the cut happens, it ALWAYS favors the Skywest Airlines side. ALWAYS!

Had one week vaca at the end of April, and one at the beginning of may. I have not worked since April 12th, and I'm off until May 29th for a 3 day. 36 days in a row.

Had one week vaca at the end of April, and one at the beginning of may. I have not worked since April 12th, and I'm off until May 29th for a 3 day. 36 days in a row.

And, soft time (vacation touching with pay) will be the first thing to get whittled out of any contract. The ONLY reason you guys are getting more flying is because you undercut OO and EV/Crj on crew costs. When that's no longer the case, well, "Have a nice day."

Plenty of senior guys hold schedules like your buddy around here. And it doesnt matter to me one way or another if you want to come over to pbs. I am very pleased with the schedules I get with our pbs and was just stating that. From what ive been told, yall get your schedules and just swap and drop trips to improve it. Well, unless there is some "magic bullet" in this new ta, about 95% of your swaps will not be approved due to low coverage and NO trips will be dropped. Thats just how lean Brad and Jerry run this place.

No offense, but that just shows that you don't understand our line bidding system, the line improvement windows, and our bad day worse day provisions. Because if you did understand it, you would know that none of what you listed applies, and nothing is there to be "denied due to staffing" in the manner which you suggest.
Like I said in a previous post, SmartPref may, or may not, be the answer. One thing is certain tho (according to extensive subcommittee research)... Your system is a huge step back for us, and no "negotiated improvements" will make it not be a step back for us. So... Do you want to work together for a solution, or tell 2800 of us to go get bent?

And, soft time (vacation touching with pay) will be the first thing to get whittled out of any contract. The ONLY reason you guys are getting more flying is because you undercut OO and EV/Crj on crew costs. When that's no longer the case, well, "Have a nice day."

Ummm, I work for LASA on the crj. I am supporting your arguement........Had a nice day at the lake, thanks!

Latest resources

Back