• NC Software is having a Black Friday Sale Event thru December 4th on Logbook Pro, APDL - Airline Pilot Logbook, Cirrus Elite Binders, and more. Use coupon code BF2020 at checkout to redeem 15% off your purchase. Click here to shop now.
  • NC Software is proud to announce the release of APDL - Airline Pilot Logbook version 10.0. Click here to view APDL on the Apple App store and install now.

I better hit the books

UnAnswerd

Activity Terminated
Total Time
NA
When I took the written 2 months ago, I knew my stuff. I could spout off V-speeds, airspace, symbols, FARS, and navigational and weight/balance information like the back of my hand. After passing the written, though, I really haven't even gone back to all that stuff. Instead I've been reading books like "Stick and Rudder", "The Pilot Radio Communications Handbook", and basically goofing around on flightinfo. What dawned on my quite recently, is just how sloppy I've become. I've forgotten more than a few FARS, tripped up on airspace, and it's like I never even studied radio navigation!!! I'm dead serious about learning to fly, so I'm gonna hit the books and further drive this information into my brain. It's just strange though. I've seemingly forgotten quite a bit. Anyone else ever take some time off from the books, only to become pretty sloppy???

WIPilot

Total Time
I've noticed with disuse I forget certian things pretty quick...but there is a lot that should just be burned into your memory too :)

LearLove

Total Time
12000+
Knowing stuff like FARS and w&b and other crapola while important will not make you a good/profeciant pilot. Flying on a regular basis and applying some of that knowledge will. The more you fly the better you will get, simple as that.

Photoflight

AIR rAMBO
Total Time
ummm you called the FARS crapolo....I'm tellin

j/k. I second what lear said.