• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Hypothetical question for ASA pilots

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
:cool:Yeah Homer, you better check those facts. If we opened up SLC with the resourses that we had in DFW, then you could say that! But right now, don't even try it! We had about 30-40 aircraft based in big D and I think that we have a Whopping 17 based in SLC. BIG DIFFERENCE!! I hope that we grow to that size in SLC, but who knows.

CF- Aren't you going to ATLAS?

Viper- Well man, I hate to say it, but that is why SENORITY has it's priorities! Nine months is not a lot, but someday it will put you further down the road. Good Luck

Twotter- I might have to agree with you on that. Percentage wise, I don't think that it would be so bad, so long as DOH would rule your travel bennies, Vacation....etc. Who Knows!

Percentage integration seems fair for all involved. I chose to come to SkyWest and by the luck of the draw I am at the purchasing company. I have been here almost three years and don't think it would be unfair to expect to hold the same seniority I do now relative the rest of the group. My QOL is at a certain level, it is NOT an unfair expectation to hope it remains that way. I've already been furloughed once from another carrier...I have a LITTLE taste of how rough things can get in this industry. Any integration is going to tough, but, come on, a percentage integration that results in the same relative seniority for all seems fair. I am not asking for an INCREASE in my seniority, I am just asking for assurances that my QOL will remain about the same. I am NOT some brand-spanking new FO...and have been at SkyWest long enough to have some control over my schedule, that means a whole lot to me. It is unfair to ask me to give that up, just as it would be unfair to ask an ASA pilot to give up the same kind of control over there. A percentage integration would not perfectly avoid these kinds of "concessions" but it still seems the best to me. Again, I am not looking to abrogate seniority, I am just looking for the fairest deal possible.

With the way things are growing why not DOH with a 5 year fence. That would give everybody that is at either company as of Sep 05 a chace to make it to the left seat or at worst case be a very senior FO. I also want to point out that Skywest Inc. not Skywest did the purchasing. I know that is splitting hairs but it might make a difference.

When everyone feels screwed, you will know that it has been a successful merge. I think the ASA/SkyWest guys not get ahead of yourself. Comair & ASA never merged, and that would have been a lot easier to do than the current situation.

Willy21 said:
Like people have said before, we can all come up with what we think is fair, but when it comes down to it we will do what somebody in the G.O. tells us to.
Wow, on what planet?

We will do what a Federal Mediator, or a Judge tells us. The G.O. does not decide seniority integration issues.

And I don't know that I would try to shove some ratio integration up the butts of a bunch of ASA pilots that are already spun up to strike. We are ready to strike over the way we are treated currently. If we become junior to some 2 year SkyWest Captain you just watch how fast we shut this place down.

Last edited:
~~~^~~~ said:
Wow, on what planet?

We will do what a Federal Mediator, or a Judge tells us. The G.O. does not decide seniority integration issues.

And I don't know that I would try to shove some ratio integration up the butts of a bunch of ASA pilots that are already spun up to strike. We are ready to strike over the way we are treated currently. If we become junior to some 2 year SkyWest Captain you just watch how fast we shut this place down.

Better go look at the book again. It is up to the carrier to honor the new list. ALPA will compel them using all available means. BTW, does everybody see the real fins behind the fins? This IS the RJDC. Can't help but be

glad to be gone

Willy, I agree a 5 year fence would work for 95% of the pilots. There are some trying to get into SAN and SBA that have to wait for people to die before they can get in.

~~~^~~~ said:
Wow, on what planet?

Correct! "And the streets will floooooowwww with the blood of non-believers!!!" (Beavis).

That kind of rhetoric gets us no where, fins. I understand your frustration, I really do. It is true that ASA is "spun up to strike". I like the idea of a 5 year fence...that would work for me personally. I would still prefer the percentage integration. Threatening to "shut this place down" while not an empty threat, is also not an effective bargaining tactic. I have been there, I know how ed off we can get when things are not going out way. However, if it really comes down to it, do you want to make this a war? Why can't we just negotiate an agreement that evenly benefits, and in some ways screws both sides. I don't have unrealistic expectations, I know it some way I am going to get screwed, that is unavoidable. However, I am still going to push for what I desire in a decent, professional way, devoid of hostile threats. We all know you guys could strike, you don't have to remind us with that kind of "FU" rhetoric.

N

Latest resources

Back