• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Hub plan, this worries me a bit...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
That's very true - with all the effort DHL is putting into making a name for itself in the United States, it would look bad to have poor on-time performance. It's hard to get new customers if their first experience with DHL is a late package. By relying on contract carriers, performance might suffer. Sure, they can move the freight, but they won't have the same attitude of it being "their" freight.

All it takes to lose a customer in the express biz is one late important package with Fedex and UPS so competitive.

iaflyer

Hey Dawg, here ya go!

http://www.cincypost.com/2004/09/20/dhl092004.html

As far as the truck sorts, I look at it from a different angle. Airborne only recently started building a truck product, it is a must in this industry. The more ground freight the more truck freight. These hubs will start out sorting regional truck freight, but as the customer base builds from increased service and decreased delivery times, total freight will increase. We all have to realize that this growth is not going to happen overnight. One plane to a city now will turn into 2 in a year or two and on and on.

Look at our competition (UPS/Fedex). They have at least two planes in every city we fly to, sometimes three or more. We now have a 6% market share, doubling that would only give us 12% of a multi-billion dollar industry. DHL has set some goals for growth ranging from 5-20% growth of our market share. They have admitted that the 20% wold be on the very high end of growth.

Thanks Booger,

I had read that article before.I know it talked about adding a few more flights
to iln, but I did'nt see any thing about replacing abx 9's with 67's or 27's.
I guess time will tell and the freight will swell.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back