Hpn Tower

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
i fly out of hpn eveyday.

Remember the montone lady at hpn. They just moved to aproach control on long island. Basically she's the eye on the world and she sucks. I had her vector me over lga before i reminded her i was landing hpn.

hey pc12driver we saw you in sav. We knew the 12 next to us was from hpn and mht. Give me a shout.

I remember on my 2nd day of IOE going into HPN getting a TCAS RA at 1000' because tower decided to put a helicopter under us and forgetting to mention it to us. There is just was too much traffic and too much of a mix of traffic in a small area.

-Any day I don't see HPN on a trip sheet is a good day.

I guess I'm just a little bias since HPN is where I learned to fly. All the traffic is just second nature now (not sure if that's good or not) ;)

Been in and out of there for many years and can't remember a time when I didn't leave their airspace without the word a$$hole running thru my head. I hate that place and not because of the traffic. I don't think I've ever flown with someone who didn't feel the same. Everyone from security to departure control need a attitude adjustment at HPN. They are second only to the guys up in ROC who sometimes match or exceed the a$$hole likeness of the HPN people.

BTW - the worst FBO people of all time isn't far from HPN. Just down the road in New Jersey sits an FOB at TTN called RONSON. Ronson has by far the worst FBO employees I've ever seen (except for a few upstairs in the flt. dept. which is no longer).

From that thin old man who hobbles around the ramp to that old bitch behind the counter (I fvckin hate her the worst of all) that place makes me cringe. Even though its been 5+ years since I've been based there I still meet pilots today that hate the place.

Trying to fly a visual approach into HPN in a jet is much like flying into SCE or STC on a nice clear fall weekend....dangerous. I have never heard such dire radio calls from GA aircraft and the tower until I went there. What a cluster. And the people on the ground once outside the airplane and airport are ever soooo friendly.

Im am a year after I discontinued my training at HPN (everywhere actually) and this is a very interesting thread. Not that I ever had any real problems with the Tower, unless I caused it.

A few 'incidents' stick in my head tho: 2mi final in a 172 to rwy 34. I am cleared to land, then the citation behind me on final cleared. By the time I cross the threshold, we get a go around cuz the Citation is apparently about to land. Was fun for lesson #2.

Another time I am doin t&g on 29 when a jet on final for 34 calls in and says "I dont think the 172 is gonna cross before we land". Tower basically says "you got plenty of space". At this point I started to ask myself questions about my saftey.

My favorite one was the day or two after Christmas last year. i guess everyone wanted to fly somewhere. So after 50 mins of taxiing (waiting in line) we were off! Was a costly lesson that day. I felt guilty for flying that day - Me holding up Jets burning god knows how much fuel on the ground.

Latest resources

Back