Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

flywest

Respect my authoritaaahh!
I have a friend that is looking to buy into a fractional and/or card program. Their chief concern is "how does the airplane ride in turbulence?". Thier primary mission is from Ohio to TEB, so range is not a big issue, but comfort definetely is. I know that once we all get into the TEB terminal area, we're pretty much the same, but I told him that I would ask to see if anyone has any recommendations.

For those guys/gals that have flown several different aircraft types, any suggestions?

They are also interested in the Piaggio. Any Avantair guys have any input on that aircraft in turbulence?

Thanks

Sounds like a Beechjet op to me, but how many pax? And are you serious about their chief concern?? I mean, you can be in an airliner and it's not going to make a difference when there's a pirep for moderate chop. If that's the case, maybe a NJ or FLOP's guy can answer how the Hawker XP400 is compared to the old Diamond/Beechjet. I heard they've got ram head control wheels and anti-turbulence protection...

Okay, okay ~ that was out of line.

XP's do very well in rough air. They can handle a short trip like this also. Just one of many that day...

And if it is real rough you have room to keep from bouncing off the walls & overhead...

You need to pick the aircraft with the Lowest Aspect-Ratio wing. A low aspect-ratio wing has 50% less Coefficeint of Lift (CL) which equals a better ride when encountering verticle gusts. I would guess off hand that the Citation X beats everyone.

So is the Ultra. Not much flex in those wings.

I bet the G4 and G5 are very nice in the rough air.

The Citation X is a very nice ride in turbulence. Kinda big and pricey though for regular trips from Ohio to TEB.

Latest resources

Back