Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

banned username 1

Banned User
She left UAL for JB and I haven't heard anything else about her. With the Olympics coming up, I assume that she'll be a commentator again for the event.

While at UAL, they bent over backwards to accomodate her and her activities, but you know what happens when you continue to give in to a spoiled child. It was not a particularly gracious exit on her part. Oh well.

If anyone over there can give me an update via PM, that would be great, as I don't need to have a thread specifically devoted to talking about her.

Thanks in advance.

UAL78

UAL,

You sound angry. I don't know about Luge Driver's act at United, but they've done a lot of good work for JB. A few assistant mgt positions and help with interviews are two examples off the top of my head.

One issue at some Legacies is that being so large, people feel its hard to make an individual contribution. At a smaller carrier, they feel the can have more of an impact. For those people who want more than "...a bigger paycheck and more days off...", a young company like JB offers the chance to "be part of something" verses "a cog in the machine". I personally chose the "cog" option, but then again I have other committments to give me that give me my required number of warm fuzzies per month. The beauty of this job is there is something for everyone...

Again--I wasn't at UAL, don't know the history, but everything I know is LD is embracing the company and stays very involved.

Again--wasn't there--but I'm sure no management wants a "poster girl" who's a 12 year captain to leave--especially to be an FO at an LCC. However, lots of people complain about Mgt--LD had the guts to leave and start over. At the very least, I'm sure everyone junior to her was happy with her decision! I'd like to call out every FedEx guy who's irritated that was hired after 2002 to go ahead and send a message to our company and quit! (not really guys--just having fun here...)

You say you don't want to honor LD with a thread of her own, but you just walked out at high noon at said "I'm calling you out..." Doesn't sound like the moderator I've seen post here before...what is up?

UAL 78,

I think it is the duty of every American company to support the Olympics. Kinda like supporting reservists.

And I don't the person in question. She might be irritating and exiting ungraciously is very wrong.

Last edited:
FlyBoeingJets said:
I think it is the duty of every American company to support the Olympics. Kinda like supporting reservists.

And in turn you should support the company that supports you, but unfortunately some people choose to play the system against their company, just like some dishonorable reservists do.

Saw a rumor on this board that she tried to go back to UAL. Anyone? Bueller?

I was just talking to someone about her last week. I told him I was afraid of her because of her connnections to key people in the company. I treat her like another aircraft while flying VFR...see and avoid!

Lots of things going through my mind right now. I won't post them for fear of getting fired.

Cheers!

GP

"If anyone over there can give me an update via PM, that would be great, as I don't need to have a thread specifically devoted to talking about her."...UAL78

Too late, dude.

Luge Pilot thats some cool sh$t no matter who she flies for.

Geez--why don't you come out and call her a slut who slept around in college while you are at it...this is sophmoric.

No--she never wanted to come back.

Connections? When faced with the life altering decision of leaving the arguably premium passenger airline in the world, she wanted to know if this company had a chance. She did her homework, found out the name of one of the major financeers of the operation, and asked about the chances of the this new start up. I like that kind of moxie. Her work with WIA exposed her to lots of company folks at JB, but as far as having "pull?" I'll let her decide if she wants to refute that, but let's just say there are no automatic ways to get on the team at Jetblue.

She was success at United. She was a success at the Olympics. She was a success as a TV commentor. She seems to be a success at JB. Why does that inspire such anger?

Loyalty to United? That company just ripped the pensions out from under a ton of folks. I fly with 2 f-lo'd United guys in my squadron who may be out a job for years. At least United rescinded their travel passes last December. UAL 78 is a genteman and an avid supporter of his airline, and I think that is great. However, I would think you guys would rejoice at someone leaving, creating more opportunties for those who really want to stay. Most folks at JB still have the esprit that once characterized other carriers, but for some reason that really irritates a lot of folks on this board. Picking one of their crew force out and publically attacking them seems to be a way for some folks to deal with their sour grapes.

IIRC she does post on here.

UAL78, I must agree with the freight dog, your post is really in bad taste! As a moderator, I would imagine you would be against individual name calling, but in this case, something got the better of you.

Perhaps it would be better to simply remove the whole thread?

Just my two cents.

Last edited:
Neal, are you posting under UAL78's logon again?

UAL, if that's you, I hope that whatever's going wrong in your life gets better soon.

Sincerely,
onthestreet

Latest resources

Back