• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

How's everybody doing out here?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
On duty at home again. I've flown 3 days out of the last 24 and I think my sanity is starting to pay the price. Better than being unemployed though. On the upside i've been able to get back on my workout schedule.

Man, that must be nice. Just got pounded this last 7 days. Flew around 30 hrs. Saw way more of the country then I wanted to. Good thing we aren't busy, or it would have been ugly.:)

Man, that must be nice. Just got pounded this last 7 days. Flew around 30 hrs. Saw way more of the country then I wanted to. Good thing we aren't busy, or it would have been ugly.:)

I would love to get sent out for a real tour. I hate sitting at home on work days. I've flown 3 days in the last month and I'm in the X. I'm on vacation now so I don't even know if ill remember how to open the door when I get back. If I don't see any more show at home for the rest of the year that would be fine.

Yes, she must have her hands full. Getting a house built can be an exciting, but stressful, process. Your baby is probably a toddler now, right? Fun times!

He'll be 2 in september....how time flys!!!

This week I finish cutting and splitting the trees we cleared off the lot. Ishould have enough for the winter or two.

C-5s for now although I might be switching to the mighty KC-135. I'll be doing orders at my reserve unit. It will be tough for me to achieve a full active duty retirement but I'll be banking some serious points towards the reserve retirement. There is a new rule now that for each 90 days of orders that you do, it reduces your reserve retirement age by that amount. I figure if I can stay on orders for 4-5 years (no guarantees) that will get my retirement age from 60 down to 55 or so. Not a bad deal.

That would be cool!!

I retired before that came about, I think. I retired with over 5,400 points in 2007. I'll provide a nice little check and the medical too. I am now going thru the process for VA medical claims. We'll see how that goes.

I would love to get sent out for a real tour. I hate sitting at home on work days. I've flown 3 days in the last month and I'm in the X. I'm on vacation now so I don't even know if ill remember how to open the door when I get back. If I don't see any more show at home for the rest of the year that would be fine.

Ran into two X IOE guys out flying this tour. Each said the same thing, long days with lots of flying.

Latest resources

Back