• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

How's everybody doing out here?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Sounds fun, guys! How old are your kids? Is there a minimum age requirement and/or recommendation for such trips? What is class 3 and 4? Obviously, I have some research to do, but personal reviews are always helpful. :)

NJW, the youngest we have had on the river was a 9 year old girl. We ran the Big Horn Sheep Canyon and they are mostly class 3's with a few 4's depending on the water flow. Last year they had a good flow where this run was actually almost all 4's and 4+. This is the company that we go with http://www.royalgorgerafting.net/index.html We have been using them for several years. They also have a restaurant/bar there so when you are done, you can wind down with some food and drink of choice.

I just turned down a high 6 figure job offer outside of aviation, betting on keeping my flying job, which I thoroughly enjoy. We'll see.....

I just turned down a high 6 figure job offer outside of aviation, betting on keeping my flying job, which I thoroughly enjoy. We'll see.....

Who do I call to order your immediate drug test?

Relax. I keed, I keed.

My LTLOA was just approved (Aug 2012). Mil duty for me. I'm planning to continue on military leave after that. I'll see you guys in 8 years or so!

I'll miss flying with everyone!

Thank you for your service and fly safe. See you back soon.

Hey QOL:
Looking at your A/C list and I was wondering if you spent some time at Ft. Indian Town Gap or maybe with the NJ Guard Unit down at KTTN and if so when? We might have crossed paths once or twice.

That job most likely happen a Blackberry for your pleasure (24/7) like some corporate jobs. They actually expect you to answer it when you're off. :laugh:
Plus there must have been lots of work hours and less time with family and friends too.

Good luck on keeping the flying job!!

Hey QOL:
Looking at your A/C list and I was wondering if you spent some time at Ft. Indian Town Gap or maybe with the NJ Guard Unit down at KTTN and if so when? We might have crossed paths once or twice.

I did spend time at the Gap (Cobra sim and flight physicals). Knew TTN too well due to the guard and flying scheduled 121 outta there too. Just did an RON at TTN a few weeks ago with NJA. Looking around the ramp brought back some memories.

My LTLOA was just approved (Aug 2012). Mil duty for me. I'm planning to continue on military leave after that. I'll see you guys in 8 years or so!

I'll miss flying with everyone!

Go get that full-time retirement pay and have fun. We'll keep the light on for ya. Good luck brother. What will you be flying to have fun?

I'd go back in (retired guard 2007) and do six years to earn my full-time retirement pay, but the wife doesn't want me to deploy anymore. I don't want to be away in that fashion or that long either. The army spends way to much time away for their deployments. Unlucky for me a reserve fixed wing unit is moving to within a 30 minute drive from my house too. Maybe I can get her to see point of view and go back in? Army Reserves are in need of qualified fixed wing guys.

How was the water? I went down the Arkansas about 2 weeks ago and the water was running pretty high. Was told by a guild yesterday that it is down about 2/3s of what it was.

Wasn't bad at all for mid-July due to the heavy snowfall this year. Averaging around 1300 cfs or so. I am sure its probably lower than that now. It was supposed to be insane in early June - to the point where they weren't letting people run the canyon.

Latest resources

Back