Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

How's Delta Air Elite as an Aircraft Mgmt Co?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

ClassG

Our jet's principal asked me (managing pilot) what I thought about Delta Private Jets managing and chartering our plane.

Since I don't know anyone who currently works there or who has been on certificate with them, I thought I'd ask here. I've read some of the past posts and not much of it seemed positive, but the information is also pretty old.

Has anyone had any experience with their Jet Management program recently? What kind of turnover rates are you seeing with managed aircraft?

If you have worked with them (managed a/c) or even FOR them (employed pilots), what do you think of current management and the company overall?

Please be fair and accurate. The case I build for or against this could make or break my next couple of years in aviation. I'd rather both me and the boss are happy with the decision we make.

Thanks!

As a management company I have no info. When I was at DPJ a Citation X was added with the company pilots flying 135 and 91. I know the pilots were not happy and they have since left DPJ.
The new CEO is from Comair and he has made the place even more unfriendly towards the pilots. They have their name going for them and not much else. They have constant pilot turnover and a revolving training contract that will haunt you for a long time.

I hear that pilots get an email each morning showing the profit the company made by brokering trips out to other 135 operators for the day. To me, this is a not-so-subtle way of saying, "don't mess with us; we can make money even if you guys never fly."

(also tells me that I would probably seek a different company to manage my jet - one that does not want to broker flights, but keep my plane busy.)

I'd run away from anything that ever had anything to do with Seagrave.

But that's just me.

I'd run away from anything that ever had anything to do with Seagrave.

But that's just me.[/QUOT

I agree completely, J Segrave and his side kick Puddle Pirate were fired and sent home a while ago.

Great. You mean JS is out there trolling for his next victim(s)?
probably took a couple of planes/owners with him and PP? Any
ideas where they might turn up so I can help others steer clear?

100-1/2

Latest resources

Back