• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

How's Colgan's Q400 Operation Going?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I think 10 Q's or so currently. Loads are good, operation leaves a lot to be desired..

Oh and Q400 FOs are not allowed to bid on schedules till further notice.....They are just assigned.

So what's the deal with that? Are the schedules not good for the FOs? How many trips do they fly per day on average (I thought they were just short hops)? I think flying out of EWR all day would suck though...

It's just nice to see some pilots walking around the airport with backpacks on like you see when you walk through any Mesa, Republic or Trans States base. I've been saying for a while the Continental and ExpressJet pilots were beginning to look a little too professional and getting a little too much respect from the passengers...

Don't be a retard, there are plenty of professional people at any of those places. I haven't seen the pilots from Mesa much but I can tell you that most people hold themselves in high regards. BTW, I've seen the XJT people, and there are a few characters there that don't show too well. I can recall a few women with spanex bell-bottom looking uniform pants. And what, is XJT too good for hats? (The has to be brought up at lease once a thread) Very embarrasing.

CM

I thought these things were the answer to the delays in EWR? I see them sitting in the line ups every day just like every other airplane out there because their departure fix is closed. Using 11/29 much? Its gonna be closed almost all summer if I remember the company messages correctly.

Yup, things look much better on paper than in reality. Watch them land on 11 sometimes, more than 1/2 of them will chew up more pavement than an RJ or a 737. So many occasions I've seen them turn southbound onto P after going through 22R because they couldn't make R or S.

I beleave we have around 10 planes now. Most of us believe the options have been exercised and final number of planes to be around 65 for several different Majors.

Colgan is still trying to outstation base crews to save money on hotels and schedules are bad. The next union vote I am pretty sure is going to have a much different outcome.

As far as 11/29 still getting resistance from tower and ATC but VFR routes up and down the river should be in place by the summer. The Q can take off and land with up to a 20 knot tail wind making any runway suitable. It also can take off 29 at R full pax and bags no problem.

Yup, things look much better on paper than in reality. Watch them land on 11 sometimes, more than 1/2 of them will chew up more pavement than an RJ or a 737. So many occasions I've seen them turn southbound onto P after going through 22R because they couldn't make R or S.

That's what happens when you try to get a squeaker landing out of a Q400. It CAN land in a pretty short distance, you just gotta be willing to bang 'er on and endure some glaring pax as they deplane clutching their backs!

Last edited:
I beleave we have around 10 planes now. Most of us believe the options have been exercised and final number of planes to be around 65 for several different Majors.

Colgan is still trying to outstation base crews to save money on hotels and schedules are bad. The next union vote I am pretty sure is going to have a much different outcome.

As far as 11/29 still getting resistance from tower and ATC but VFR routes up and down the river should be in place by the summer. The Q can take off and land with up to a 20 knot tail wind making any runway suitable. It also can take off 29 at R full pax and bags no problem.

The next union vote? How can there be one, you just got absorbed by PCL!

And as for the rest of it, well you seem to believe the Management propaganda pretty well. Keep believing that you're helping the EWR problem tremendously

Climbto350.com was advertising jobs for Captains on the Q400 at Colgan.....cant they fill them from within?

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back