• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

How was the Delta interview??

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
What domiclies does it look like the newhires will get? Is LAX senior?

NYC or ATL is most likely. SLC is a possibility, CVG is out. LAX is a funny base now.....very senior on the top end, but junior on the bottom end. The junior most 767 FO in LAX is about 6500.

Better question...

General are there any fixed pay hikes in place?
or is that all contingent on exiting from Chpt 11?

I don't want a job, I just live in the ATL and am curious to how you guys are looking.

1.5% raises annually. Up to 6% if certain profit margins are met.

The question is can anyone pass the psyche eval knowing that they are trying to get hired before DAL knows where its future is going?

Hi all-

I looked at some gouge for the Delta interview at aviationinterviews.com & willflyforfood.cc. Wow, that's quite a comphrehensive set of written exams...especially the technical parts of it. I have been in an RJ for the last seven years of my career and now I realize how computers and automation have caused some unintended complaicency on my behalf. I often mentally calculate VDPs and 3-degree glideslope descents, but I don't have any use for the other calculations because of these newer generation aircraft with glass flightdecks and FMS. Time to study...earlier instead of later. Although I am not counting any chickens before they hatch, I admit I have quite a lot of studying to do just incase they ever decide to call me. I figure that I have a somewhat reasonable chance of an interview invitation because of my hours, aviation organizations that I belong to (and their career fairs) and possibly one LOR.

Nonetheless, I was hoping that some of you could point us wannabees in the right direction for passing the technical knowledge portion of the written exam.

Some observations, comments, and questions:

>> The gouge that I have seen has roughly 100 questions on the technical portion of the written test (among other categories such as safety related questions)...are all 100 (or 98 to be exact) questions asked, or a selection from that bank of questions?

>> In the technical knowledge area of the test, are the answers multiple choice or fill in the blank?

>> Is the testing in the technical knowledge area on a computer? > Are you allowed scratch-paper & pencil. (I am a visual person & need to draw out a holding pattern, for example).

>> I ordered 4 books (reccommened in the gouge) to start studying for these exams:
1: ASA ATP Written Prep
2: ASA FE Written Prep
3: ASA Aerodynamics for Naval Aviators
4: (ASA?) Mental Math for Pilots Which other books would you suggest?

>> Does anyone know roughly the % of questions answered correctly are considered a "pass"?

>> Any other suggestions for preparing for the Delta written exams?

>> Is there an interview-prep company designed for the Delta wannabees?

Thanks everyone.

ZP

speaking of DAL hiring.... when are you guys going to hire Dispatchers that have actual Dispatch experience? I understand the "family" values DAL has and want to hire from within, but don't you guys deserve some actual experience in your office rather than have your Dispatchers use you as their learning curve? You paid your dues getting to Delta as I have paid my dues. But over 12 years experience and your gate agent that does not even know how to read a METAR has a better shot at a Dispatch position than I do.

All the Western guys are soon to be retired if they all have not already done so. The reason I ask is that my first job was with ASA, since I am a Southern Gentleman, thinking that I would have a shot at DAL. Boy was I surprised! So I left to get some heavy and international experience. I still love DAL though and hope your office will consider hiring some actual experience some day.

Can anyone tell me?
1st- During training are you paid a guarantee rserve pay or some other sum?
2nd- How is the health insurance?
3rd- how long training (new hire) takes on the average?
thanks.....

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back