how to use "ZED" fares?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

bgaviator

I am now working for a regional carrier that has lots of ZED agreements with most other airlines. However, I'm not really sure how this system works. The instructions my airline gave me are not very clear. I've been to that web site called www.gozed.com, but every time I put in a city pair it never returns any results which I find hard to believe. How do you go about searching for available flights, finding out what the price will be, and thus booking the flights? Thanks for the information.

Not trying to be unhelpful bg, but surely your airline has a pass bureau you can call? Interline agreements have worked differently at every airline I've ever worked at, and they change all the time.

The only reliable answer you'll get is from someone in the know at your own company.

Call your airline's employee travel people, and visit them to have a ticket issued and pay for the flight segments (not flight specific is the cool part) you are interested. I use www.flyzed.com to get an idea of the loads. Then call the airline that you are flying to get listed. Tell them you are a standby passenger on ZED. Some airline don't even require flight specific listing until you get to the airport. After the trip, if you end up not using the ticket, get a refund from your airline's employee travel people.

Last edited:
Basically you have three different types depending on the airline. High, Medium and Low. Your pass department can work it out best for you by plugging in the formula to calculate it out.

Last edited:
We use ID90.com as our ZED tool.

Here is some info that is posted on our Pass Bureau website. Maybe it will help you:

[FONT=arial, verdana, helvetica]The new Interline website is not a listing tool. After you have gone through the travel request process and been authorized for travel, you'll need to list directly with the airlines in your itinerary.[/FONT]

[FONT=arial, verdana, helvetica]After you fill out the first page and click on the “search” button, notice any boxes with the grey bars and exclamation points. These are advising you that someone in your request does not qualify for travel on that airline. Please check your airline's pass agreement for eligibility.[/FONT]
[FONT=arial, verdana, helvetica]The flights displayed by this Interline website are "live" schedules fed by the OAG system. Some carriers with limited frequency do not operate a daily schedule. If you do not see service on a specific route, try another date.[/FONT]

[FONT=arial, verdana, helvetica]Prices are per person per segment until the total appears at the end.[/FONT]

Happy "ZED-ing"! :D

thanks for the information everybody! Yeah, I really hope to take advantage of the travel benefits this time around....it seems to be one of the few good things going for airline workers these days, and even non-revving is getting harder from what I hear with all the capacity reductions.

Latest resources

Back