• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

How to tell if you are flying with someone that has passed 60

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
The small percentage of weak senior pilots does not rate the copilot's juvenile way of expressing their anger at how congress changed the rules. Grow up.

27. Yells from his RON hotel balcony at the kids below to "get off his lawn".

28. Gets angry because he doesn't understand humor beyond "The Three Stooges"

29. Flight deck smells like a Ben-Gay factory.

30. Always asks the FO to "pull his finger"

31. When you pull into RSW and ask the station for 72 wheelchairs, you catch yourself and say "oops, make that 73"

32. Gets mad when all the young "wipper snappers" put cards in the spokes of his wheelchair.

Nu

27. Yells from his RON hotel balcony at the kids below to "get off his lawn".

28. Gets angry because he doesn't understand humor beyond "The Three Stooges"

29. Flight deck smells like a Ben-Gay factory.

30. Always asks the FO to "pull his finger"

31. When you pull into RSW and ask the station for 72 wheelchairs, you catch yourself and say "oops, make that 73"

32. Gets mad when all the young "wipper snappers" put cards in the spokes of his wheelchair.

Nu

33. Doesn't need a calculator to add or subtract!!!!!

34. Causes delays nationwide because he is flying 100kts slower than any one else.

35. Talks about when he was young and was "damm lucky" to have a job that paid him $.25/day

Man I would love to fly with you and hear all these great stories about how great and awesome you are. NOT!!!

You must be one annoying individual to fly with. I guess those of us under 40 have never had an engine fire, flight control failure, been shot at in combat or had any other emergency. You benefited your whole career from the age 60 and now - that it threatens you, you're happy to see it go. When in fact the majority of pilots are against the age 60 rule. Last I checked this was a democracy but I guess not with this issue once again special interests win out.

Max even with 900+ hours your still a little boy. I bet your real short also. Get over it and by the way it sounds as if you might needs additional experience anyway. The additional five years will do you good!

I wonder how it sounded back in 1959 or so when they put a cap on the age at 60? For some reason I doubt that all the junior guys were clapping, hoot'n and holler'n in the hallways but maybe I'm wrong.

I don't see anything that indicates spooky is saying how "wonderful he is". He just gave a tip of the hat to those ahead of him. He also made a very good point, that after you have gone through this industry long enough, you'll realize this isn't as big a deal as you think. If this age 65 thing is the worst "unexpected" thing to happen to you in your career you are one of the lucky ones.

Thanks Dan. Some guys only want to read into this what fits their agenda at that time. I don't think I ever implied that was any of their equals and to the contrary I was only pointing to those who have past before us and have carried the water, which I'm not so sure this group has, other than being victims of the crooked airline managements and perhaps 9/11.

Latest resources

Back