How to get a JB interview

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

marcal

I'm officially in the market to try to move onto greener pastures and have had my stuff in for a while. What is the trick at JB? Is it purely the computer that spits your name out? Can a friend help a little(besides blue dart)? Can I show up at HQ and talk to DM? Any help would be appreciated.:)

Well, first of all they are not currently interviewing, and it sounds like they won't be unbtil the end of the year or beginning of 07.

I am under the impression it helps to update often, but I have been doing this since 2000 and have not gotten the call. I meet and exceed all minimums.Hang in there.

Paul McCartney said:
Well, first of all they are not currently interviewing, and it sounds like they won't be unbtil the end of the year or beginning of 07.

I am under the impression it helps to update often, but I have been doing this since 2000 and have not gotten the call. I meet and exceed all minimums.Hang in there.

Wow, 2000? That's got to be tough - do you have any app's in to other airlines? Just curious...

I applied in May of 2005 with times slightly above their minimums. I updated on a monthly basis and attended an Air Inc conference in Jan 06. I got a call about a month after Air Inc and interviewed in May. I didn't know anyone who worked there although I did have a friend who was just finishing training. The friend had nothing to do with getting the interview but did do an internal rec for the interview. I'm not sure why I got the call when I did, but I have a suspicion that the Air Inc conference put me in a different stack than just the apply on line stack. Meeting a recruiter face to face puts a personality with a resume which makes it much easier for them to not waste their time interviewing people they know won't fit the culture. I would go to the next Air Inc conference that JetBlue attends if you are really interested.

I also did my application in April 05. Went to Air Inc in Dallas in Jan. Called in March 06 for the May interview.

Yeah, 6 years is a long time, huh? I do have my apps in with a few others, but have not had any luck in that department either. I must really stink :)

I have never contributed to the Kit Darby Retirement Fund, so maybe that is what is hurting me, I dunno.

Latest resources

Back