• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

How to explain a f/k up?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I failed more than than one and got on at xj with no problems. To the guy thats been turned down 4 times- you definitely need some interview prep. At the very least stop picking your nose at the interivew table.
Here's one more guy telling you to just turn it around and say how it motivated you and what you learned from it.

Two busted rides. Two job offers out of three regional interviews. Not a big deal as long as you don't start blaming the examiner for it.

Don't worry. Be honest and tell them how you learned from it. Good Luck!

~~~^~~~ said:
Yep - The pink slip will follow you around forever. The FAA has it in your Pilot Information File and dammed if they don't have several copies of the same pink slip in my file. I pinked slipped my IFR ride back in 1989. No one has ever asked me about it, but I checked the file and it is there.

I have had two interviews thus far in the flying business and was hired both times. For the next interview I'm hoping that three type ratings trump the IFR ride I busted, then passed a week later.
How can one view their FAA pilot file???

~~~^~~~ said:
Yep - The pink slip will follow you around forever. The FAA has it in your Pilot Information File and dammed if they don't have several copies of the same pink slip in my file. I pinked slipped my IFR ride back in 1989. No one has ever asked me about it, but I checked the file and it is there.

I have had two interviews thus far in the flying business and was hired both times. For the next interview I'm hoping that three type ratings trump the IFR ride I busted, then passed a week later.

Is the Pilot Information File the same as a FAA Record Check when you sign a release for a new employer?

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back