how to be competetive again?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

updraft

I was at an airline and didnt finish training. I am eligable for rehire with that company after 6 months. What should I do in the mean time? I'm back instructing currently.

wouldn't I need to do something to get back in the door though like go to a ground school such as ATP has for the CRJ ?

updraft said:
wouldn't I need to do something to get back in the door though like go to a ground school such as ATP has for the CRJ ?

Depends on what got you booted. Training difficulties can be corrected, just be contrite and say you learned from the experience. A chat from someone you dealt with in the training my help grease the skids in that regard.

If you got booted for attitude issues or being insubordinate, you stand little chance of getting rehired with the company in question. Good luck.

Learn how to fly. Come to the dark side and fly freight for a lil' while. That will help you out if its skill related. Otherwise it will show you want to make progression in the industry. I think there probably hiring at some company close to you.
You never know, you may enjoy it so much you will wave your big finger at the
Commuters, and never leave the dark side, I did. But then again I don't really fit in to the commuters anyway.
As far as paying for some outfit to give you training. Open up the blinders and take a good look at what you want to do. Look at the industry as a whole. The bump you rolled over in your training can be overcome by a couple of good check rides, and just think about it. You can actually get paid for flying instead of paying ATP for some training you may not ever use.
Let someone else pay for types and training. You will have lots of fun, and learn how to truly fly working in the 135 end.

Good luck- F/B

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back