• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

How Slow Are Things For You Frac Guys??

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I will add that all I see is NJA on the ramps.. Did a bermuda turn last week and there were three NJA birds there.. 2 Soverigns and something else not sure.

At JB I am flying more now than I have since i started there.. 95-100 hrs of credit per month is easily obtained.

PS see lots of NJA guys on Jetblue thanks for flying us

My flying here at NJA has been WAY down. Seriously. On a typical 7-day tour, I've been averaging about 4 legs.

yes, you heard that right. 4 legs TOTAL. and that's not just the past few tours. This goes back about three months. And prior to that, I was maybe flying 8 or 9 legs in a 7-day tour. Those numbers are pretty good for the past 9 or 10 months beyond the first 3 I mentioned.

Oh yes, I've seen a very occasional tour where I still fly my butt off and come home exhausted, but not enough to make me think that things are okay.

Two tours ago I flew 1 leg!! Yes, one leg total during a 7-day tour. Good plane. Good crew. No flying.

Hey, I think in the long run we'll be alright. So far, it's not the end of the world. But things are gonna get tougher for a while. Anyone who thinks NJA will just bleed money forever in order to keep everyone employed better get their heads out of the sand.

I'm not going all doom and gloom on ya. Just not seeing any appreciable increase in flying that gives me the confidence to say we're all right. Again, I think we'll be fine in the long run, but there's going to be some turbulence enroute if things don't pick up here very soon.

Hope my crystal ball is wrong.

Since ya asked

Today @ 1200 EST via FlightAware:

Company and aircraft in the air:

NetJets (EJA) - 51
Avatair (VNR) - 13
CitationShares (FIV) - 12
FlexJet (LXJ) - 08
Flight Options (OPT) - 06

Yup, not much going on other then studying and needed a break.

Today 1:20 EST

EJA-55
VNR (Avantair)-19
FIV-15
OPT-14
LXJ/BJS-18

OK...next question....

These number represent what percentage of each Company's total, airworthy fleets?

Meaning, what persentage of each Comnpany's aircraft are in the air?

Last edited:
PS see lots of NJA guys on Jetblue thanks for flying us
You're welcome!

I used to see a lot of JB guys on my Independence Air flights too. All very courteous.

Also, VNY looked like a NetJets parking lot yesterday. ;)
Well VNY always look like a QS parking lot, and wait until we get kicked out of Santa Monica, they won't know where to put us.......we'll be crowding Clay Lacy's ramp......

OK...next question....

These number represent what percentage of each Company's total, airworthy fleets?

THAT is a very good question. I'm not sure of the exact numbers, but I know that just on the NJA side (not including NJI, NJE, EJM, or NJME) we have well over 300 aircraft.

Seeing less than 70 or 80 in the air at any time (except, perhaps, in the middle of the night) doesn't give me a real good feeling.

Like I said, we'll be okay. I'm just very ambivalent about how long we can maintain at our current level without much flying.

OK...next question....

Having planes in the air is not as important as the revenue those planes are producing. Lots of planes in the air (by total number or percentage) is not necessarily indicative of revenue produced or financial strength.

Latest resources

Back