How should I answer?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

DLconnection

At these interviews the HR rep will fire some questions at you and a line pilot will ask you some tech. questions. I was wondering how I should answer the technical answers. Im not sure if the interviewers want u to simply spit out the answer or answer it with an explaination.

example: (COMAIR's gouge) If you wanted to travel faster..would u want a forward or an aft CG?

The answer is that u want an AFT. So should I just say, "that I would want an AFT CG" or "I want an aft CG because .......blah, blah, blah."

I assume that they want to see if u can think. But at the same time I dont want to open a can of worms.

For those of u who have gone through the process before, do the airlines want the short answers to the technical questions or do they want u to answer it and explain why?

As Little As Possible...

Definitely only give as much detail as you need to complete answer the question. For your example above all you'd need to say is “aft. CG”. The problem with giving more detail is that by trying to sound like you know what you're talking about opens yourself up to more questions, especially when you don't quite get the explanation right. If the interviewer wants more detail she/he can ask for it.

The above is doubly true during any type of oral. Don't dig yourself into a hole.

Last edited:
Question: How do the brakes work?

Answer: They work very well.

Good Luck to you!

Occum's Razor and a heartbeat.

Holy thread revival!

Latest resources

Back