How Much $$$??

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

N8157B

I just got my first aviation job (starting the 18th) and am fairly new to this board. Out of curiosity what are the freight guys making a year? I have seen that some fly 210, bonanza, cherokee 6, baron, etc. What's the pay like? Schedule? Is there one? Thanks for any info.

$33,000 the first year. That is the exception not the rule. Plan to make $1000-$1500 a month with no benefits for atleast a year. Then you may be able to find a job that pays 20-25K a year. Possible to find something in the $30-38K range, but not probable. Best bet is to take what you can get, hunker down with lots of ramon noodles and water.

Good Luck,

The money will come if you stick it out long enough.

depends.... (Hahaha I knew I'd get to

use that word again!!!!)

In my first 135 job... I made mid 30's a year to start. That was flying on demand passengers in aztecs and senicas. Pay was basically 400 a month base, 150 a day plus expenses. In my third year there, I grossed 38,000 dollars.

Now I fly Caravan for a scheduled freight carrier. Starting pay there was 33,000 a year. In my second year there... I'm making 36,350 plus 27 dollars a day perdiem. plus company contributing up to 30 cents on the dollar to my 401K, plus medical and dental programs at modest cost. I wind up with two weeks vacation in my second year, because we have an incentive program that gets you extra time off for good behaviour. I don't need a pager and have weekends off. On my particular run, I work 10 days a month and fly 46 hours in a month. In the current schedule, my weekends are all 3 day weekends. No phone calls for extra flights or overtime and the company never calls me at home un less somebody dies. In fact on my caller ID, when I see that it's company, I pick it up right away as they almost never call unless it is important

I like my job and how I am treated there. If they don't monkey with my schedule, I'll never quit. We max out at 55K a year...so technically if I keep the same schedule for life...then I would be making a daily rate of 458.00 a day not including perdium or any cost of living adjustments to the pay scale.

Also we don't load our freight. Professional freight loaders from our contractee do that. They don't want to see one of us get hurt for liability reasons.

Yea, someday I'd like to fly something bigger but for now this is it. Plus being home alot is neat, as I am home everynight except for re-current training and when I get weathered out.

So to make a long story even longer...if you have quality flight time in your log book, you can actually pick jobs that pay more and have certain perks to them. I turned down a left seat slot flying Shorts at Air Cargo Carriers Inc and a right seat jet job that would have been both part 91 and lease back 135 to Exec Jet Management, to take my current job.

Go to the airnet website and you can find their pay based on years of service. If you live with your parents, you should be fine.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back