• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

How much pay would you ask for?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
The company I fly for now started me a little above 45,000. That was flying a seneca 5 and around 1350tt and 5 years managing and maintaining aircraft.

Some things to think about is this the first aircraft for your potenial employer. If so, does he know the operating costs and maintenance cost( The cheap part is buying the airplane). Does he know the aircraft won't carry six people. Will he pressure you to fly through a lot of weather and how much experience do you have in flying weather.

If he/she knows these items, I would not except any less than 45K.

I was flying the malibu with the PT6 conversion for a small company. No overnights, fly maybe 10 hours a month salary 40,000 plus all expenses food , rental car etc. They also paid what ever my health insurance bill was. Not on call status. Was a pretty good gig while it lasted. I am surprised your insurance mins all so low. The open policy we had was 4,000tt 1,000 complex, 500 turbine and Flight safety i would go no less than 45,000. but it depends on where you live and how much your going to fly and if you have to manage the aircraft. Hope this helps

It does help. Thank you. I guess since it's basically a high-performance, complex (like a bonanza) the mins are reasonable.

How much experience do you have managing an airplane?

None.

This would be the first question I ask as an owner. While everyone has to start out with their first, you also lack the experience ( 500Hrs TT ) unless you have an aviation management background.

Only the airline management class i took in college.

That being said, if you take on the task, start out a little low and allow for a performance raise or at least a performance review. 30-40,000 is not unreasonable

Thanks for the advice.

The company I fly for now started me a little above 45,000. That was flying a seneca 5 and around 1350tt and 5 years managing and maintaining aircraft.

Some things to think about is this the first aircraft for your potenial employer. If so, does he know the operating costs and maintenance cost( The cheap part is buying the airplane). Does he know the aircraft won't carry six people. Will he pressure you to fly through a lot of weather and how much experience do you have in flying weather.

If he/she knows these items, I would not except any less than 45K.

It's not his first aircraft. He has a Cessna 400 series. As far as pressure to fly in bad weather, I'll have to talk about that at the negotiation. I have some experiece in inclement weather, but like I said with 500tt, it's not a ton. I guess it seems as though some on this board may think that I'm underexperienced to take on this job. I've always considered myself a conservative and safe pilot, but what (generally) is the average experiece for an aircraft like this one? Surely, your 2000 hour pilots normally wouldn't be the typical pilot for this would they?

It's not his first aircraft. He has a Cessna 400 series. As far as pressure to fly in bad weather, I'll have to talk about that at the negotiation. I have some experiece in inclement weather, but like I said with 500tt, it's not a ton. I guess it seems as though some on this board may think that I'm underexperienced to take on this job. I've always considered myself a conservative and safe pilot, but what (generally) is the average experiece for an aircraft like this one? Surely, your 2000 hour pilots normally wouldn't be the typical pilot for this would they?

If your meeting gos well with him, I would take the job. I was around 600tt was I started flying corporate in a seneca 5. It was a different animal than a 152/172, but I didn't have any problems. Make sure you know your aircraft well and are well prepared for every flight. In today's world of first officers having 300tt on the high side(regionals), you would be a good canidate for the job. It will also be great experience for you.

Haha

I found this old thread and thought I'd update it. Man, a lot has changed in a year and a half. When I started this thread I had 500tt and thought this was an entry level job. Well I just GOT that job today and I have 1900tt and feel like I've won the lottery. I feel kind of like an idiot reading those first posts I made. "Surely a 2000 hour pilot wouldn't want this job..." Oh, the irony.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back