How much do you work?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

KingDriver

Many of the charter companies out there offer 5 or 6 hard days off per month. I was wondering, How many days per month does the average charter pilot fly per month working for a charter company that flies light and medium sized bizjets?

A Southeastern charter company gives us about 8 scheduled days off per month and the average pilot flies 18 days a month.

My last 135 job was no days off, everything was look back. Will not ever do that again.

Mobie

We just got a new schd on our falcon 20s doing cargo.

16 on / 8 off. BAsicly, we now work 250 days a year. Our days off are hard days off. And for the 16 plan to be on the road the whole time.

Wankel

On duty 60+ hours a week, one hard day off per week - Sunday - and fly 24.5-27 hours per week. Outstationed - one pilot per airplane, one airplane.

Home every day. Entry level cargo with scheduled run.

Work

On call for 20 days with 11 or 10 hard days off a month. Average 25hrs a month. The days that are ON CALL you can be at home, you live with the cell phone at the hip. Air Ambulance Operation. Salary is ok.

Another Air Ambulance driver here... 2 weeks on, 1 week off. While on call we just need to be able to get to the airport in 20 mins, wheels up in 30, so I'm home all the time. We fly about once a day on average, but we've gone two weeks w/o a flight once (I was told); yesterday I flew 2x back to back. Good salary, fun job!

Owner trips, retired airline pilots that love to shrug off responibilites. the new 135...

hard days off on request only. fly 20 days per month. above indursty standdard for pay. only ten overnights per month.

Hmmm...I think you are working too hard???

The 135 company I work for gives me a 15 day on 15 day off (hard) rotation schedule. They you live anywhere....and they commute you. Pay is ok, gross 100k for captains...FO'S gross something around 65K.

Latest resources

Back