How much do 135 on call guys make?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
G-force said:
You can live good in old Winston Town,but you could pay alot less in taxes in Davie or Stokes counties.

Winston-Salem is still very affordable, especially when compared to what I am used to. I live in the Ardmore area right between the Forsyth and Baptist/Wake Forest University hospitals if you are familiar.

More income=more affordable

h25b said:
Winston-Salem is still very affordable, especially when compared to what I am used to. I live in the Ardmore area right between the Forsyth and Baptist/Wake Forest University hospitals if you are familiar.

Know exactly where you live,and you are right, Old Winston Town is affordable,if you make a better income.

I have been back there numerous times for visits,and I continue to see alot of home-building going on.I am just wondering,where are the jobs going to come from for people to be able to afford these homes?????? Maybe somebody at the Chamber of Commerce has the answer,because no one else does.

Winston-Salem just got the Dell Computer factory which considering all of the associated vendor employees is supposedly bringing a few thousand jobs to the area. There are quite a few people that commute over to Greensboro to work. Greensboro I believe I heard was getting a very large FedEx facility at the Greensboro Airport. Compared to other areas I have seen there is really very little new home construction going on here. And what little I have seen seems to be lower priced spec homes.

In my immediate area existing homes have a very conservative, yet very reliable appreciation of around 4%/yr. Good homes in the Ardmore area (North of Hawthorne St.) are in high demand from those in the medical profession due to the close proximity to both hospitals along with the school districts.

As far as where people are working. The hospitals are both large employers as well as Dell Computer, BB&T Bank (HQ is here), Wachovia (HQ used to be here, but still have a large presence), RJ Reynolds/Reynolds American, GMAC Finance, Bank of America (they have a pretty big office up here). I'd have to say that for it's size, there's quite a bit going on here. I know we'd probably be considered the poor people on our street... Homes in the better part of Ardmore run about $110-$120/sq. ft. Property taxes are cheaper just outside Forsyth County but in my mind I can't put a price on being no more than 5 minute to anything. My property taxes are only about $1800/yr.

Last edited:
FCPhotography said:
MSP with medical benefits.

$300 per day in the citation for the left seat. $200 for the King Air 200.

FO's are $150 a day.

Pardon my ignorance, but when you talk about a day rate for 135 jobs, does that mean that you’re a contract pilot without any benefits?

I was getting $300 per day right seat in CE550 two years ago. $700 right seat G200 last year. $300 for left seat in anything burning stove oil is low!!

Latest resources

Back