• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

How much can you make at Airnet?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
"Working the system", "94 hours for 5 days of work"...geez Purv, I used to think you were one of those guys who truly loved flying - not one that brags about how lazy he can be! Let's see...5 days of work, average maybe 3 legs a day - that's 15 gear handle up/down cycles, a couple hundred twists of the Comm knobs, several leather flight jacket maintenance sessions. So a total of 30 minutes of actual work? $19.00/hr x 94hrs = $1786...that's like $3500 an hour!

What would you say you do here?

Well, don't get me wrong. I DO LOVE TO FLY. However, since I'm stuck sitting reserve, I'd rather save the 45 min drive to the airport, thus saving gas money, and do less work for the same pay. Ya, it's called lazy. I've definitely gotten more lazy with this job. Once I can hold a line, I'm sure I'll get to do more flying. However, flying at the regionals is not TRUE flying like at AirNet. George has to have it by FL200. Company policy. Well, should things go bad and furloughs ever come my way, you can bet I'll put my app in at Jetride. If they wouldn't take me, I'd probably try to start back at the bottom ranks at AirNet. I DO miss flying the props. That Hamilton 1 arrival into CMH in the Van and Baron was a blast. The departure out of Burke Lakefront was fun too. Enjoy your prop days and the jet too. Who was the last person to upgrade to CPT at AirNet? See ya guys!!

USC328

purv...you are not good looking enough to carry pax in a setting like jetride. rich people don't want their children scared.

ROFLMAO...oh crap that was great...ok, ok, i'll try to get up off the floor now...man that was funny.

Hydroflyer...thanks man, yeah, i look at the site pretty often to see when they put up the new ones...they are a trip. "...flightless birds pitching a frequent flyer program" "How Ironical."

I do miss the one where they are all slepping and in the end they have the Dolphin flying the "night shift" and as the plane flys away ..."hey why do i always get the nightshift"

I made $32,000 a year at airnet for a year and a half. However I flew 7.5 hours a day 4 days a week with a 12 hour duty day. 3 day weekends were very nice however. At airnet if you work hard you get paid. Oh, and you will work hard. Last month at my regional I made $1700 and flew 6 hours. I like that a lot. And I work another job. OH PURV. I work at a golf retail store. Good luck
USC 904

I pulled in about 35k my first year there...I flew just over 5 hrs a day and had a fifth day. Benefits are good and the jumpseat agreements are great if you use them. I only did it one weekend there. I would guess the average there is around 30k the first year. I never had a three day weekend but coming from instructing at a busy school the schedule was a breeze.

USC328 said:
However, flying at the regionals is not TRUE flying like at AirNet. George has to have it by FL200. Company policy.
USC328

I agree completely. I left Airnet for a fractional then promptly left the frac for a business (non-flying) gig for some cash. Nothing like flying the lear wide-axx open all day (or night). I'd do that again for the rest of my life if I could have made more money.

Okay, so far you have heard what people made their first year with 5 days of work and extra pay, such as floater pay and travel pay (which mind you is no longer available). My first year I flew an average of 50 hours a month, 4 days a week. My schedule was Tu- Standby, W & Th show at 4pm done at 1am and F was show at noon done at 8pm. First year take home was $25,500. Luckily that was in the SE US and I managed to get a crashpad for $350 a month. So yes there are runs in the system that if you work over minimum you get a nice paycheck, but right now with the Regionals laying off and reducing flights for Mainline there has been a stagnetation at AirNet. In the past 3 weeks there have been maybe 1 or 2 prop runs come open. Those runs (to the best of my knowledge) were pretty much base pay. However, we no longer have the 1 year equipment/base lock, so if you get a base run you have a chance of bidding a higher paying run (if available) in about 6 months of employment.

USC328 said:
Well, don't get me wrong. I DO LOVE TO FLY. However, since I'm stuck sitting reserve, I'd rather save the 45 min drive to the airport, thus saving gas money, and do less work for the same pay. Ya, it's called lazy. I've definitely gotten more lazy with this job. Once I can hold a line, I'm sure I'll get to do more flying. However, flying at the regionals is not TRUE flying like at AirNet. George has to have it by FL200. Company policy. Well, should things go bad and furloughs ever come my way, you can bet I'll put my app in at Jetride. If they wouldn't take me, I'd probably try to start back at the bottom ranks at AirNet. I DO miss flying the props. That Hamilton 1 arrival into CMH in the Van and Baron was a blast. The departure out of Burke Lakefront was fun too. Enjoy your prop days and the jet too. Who was the last person to upgrade to CPT at AirNet? See ya guys!!

USC328
what airline do you fly for and how long have you been there?

SkyWest Airlines, based out of Denver. Started classes on July 28, 2005. I've got only 100 people behind me on the seniority list, but I don't see furloughs. Just stagnation. We lost about 20% of Delta flying in SLC, so we are a little fat on pilots. I've seen about 10 a month attrition on the seniority list.

USC328

Latest resources

Back