How much call out time do you get?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

alaskaborn

Currently we have been running two pilots, on-call 24/7, with the expectation that we will be ready to fly 1.5 hours from the time we get the call. The owner has never really enforced that, but it's always hanging over our heads if one time he DOES try to hold us to it. We're supposed to have a meeting with him this week and talk about issues like this. What's YOUR call out time for pop-up trips? Thanks!

I feel your pain...we also have a 1.5 hour call out Mon-Fri, with a 2.0 hour call out on the weekends. Unfortunately I'm currently at a 135 outfit where the chief pilot has all the responsibility with none of the power. It sounds like you will be the one negotiating your proposals without having to go through a middle man. I know several 91 operators on the airfield who have four hour callouts. Stick to your guns!!! Life's too short to be a slave to the man!!! Good luck!!!

Part 91 Flight Department

We're asked to stay 90 min. from the hangar and be wheels-up one hour after we arrive.

TF

One hour call out time. We never, ever get calls like that though.
For some reason though, we have had some pilots just MISS trips though. They just forgot they had a trip! Very strange.

Three pilots per aircraft. Two hour call out from 07:00 until 17:00 local time on week days. 12 hours after 17:00, weekends and holidays.

Depending on what country we were in minimum call out could be 72 hours. Like the PRC, China.

(Part 91 operation.)

2 pilots, one plane, 24/7 with 5-7 day notice and live 1-3 hrs from the airport. Strictly Part 91 and one owner.

Latest resources

Back