Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I'd like to agree, but the facts point to the same old things:

1. The new rules won't happen.

2. It won't change a thing with the pilots, mommy and daddy will just pay for more time.

3. As I've learned since coming to this side of the industry, regionals are all (and I do mean all) bottom-feeding contractors who will cut costs at the expense of anything and everything.

I can't disagree with you at all. Looking at my own past experience, I was a CFI at FlightSaftey and was doing pretty well ($33,000 as a CFI in '01). I didn't get hired by an airline until after 9/11 with 1450TT. I'm not sure I was ready to fly a CRJ at the time. I was hanging on to the rudder for 6 months! (PA44 to a CRJ200 is a pretty big jump!)

I know raising the mins would create significant problems for those trying to make in in the industry, but for safety's sake I wonder if it would be a good idea? I'd have to ponder it more to know exactly how I feel.

How Much Are You Worth?

A little under $3,000,000 last time my accountant showed me!!

Haha awesome. Now... take out your boat payment, alimony (for five wives), the vacation home you bought for 500k that is now worth 250k (and you never should have bought it in the first place). Now you are looking at about $300,000. Not real good for someone just a few years away from his "golden years."

Raising the mins will produce onlt the most dedicated pilot who will be unwilling or unable to work for $19,000 a year.
You're going to find alot of guys that fall short of the requisite mins will be showing up to interviews with alot of P-51 time.

Latest resources

Back