• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

How messed up is this?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
It has been posted that CAL will: cancel the remaining legs if you don't show up, charge your credit card a higher fare. I don't believe that they will cancel your res. I do know that they will charge you a change fee when you show up for any remaining legs if you no-showed any previous leg. The last I heard, the change fee was $300.
I believe that it is illegal for them to charge your card for more than the original contact, that's why they use the change fee language.

Reminds me of a few years ago when I needed to fly into Springfield,MO on business..Because while I was in Springfield I was picking up my own transportation, I didnt need a return flight..I looked at one-way ticket prices, and compared to round trip they were alomost 75-90% more expensive!:eek:
Now why in the world would a one way ticket be so much more expensive then a round trip ticket? Needless to say, I bought a round trip ticket, just didnt use the return leg portion of the ticket ;)

Cessna172heavy said:
There have been some good thoughts posted on here...

We went ahead and purchased the cheaper fare for the flight from AVL to PHL, with the thought of just renting a car in EWR and blowing off the segment from EWR to PHL, especially since it is on a train. Well, I like to have my bases covered so I called continental and asked the hypothetical "what if" we don't get on the train. I figured since it was two different forms of transportation we'd be ok, but sure enough, somehow continental will know if my wife and I don't check in on the train and thus we'll be counted as no shows and have the rest of our trip cancelled. How convenient!!! So we're gonna run the itinerary as scheduled, and ride the train out of our way, rent a car in philly, and then backtrack to Princeton, and then to the reverse 3 days later. It sucks, but we'll deal with it.

Also, I'd love to fly us up there personally, but if I was willing to fork out the cash to do that, I wouldn't be on here griping about how lousy our airfare is!!! We're talking at least $500 each way in a C172 (and thats with my employee discount)!!! Thanks but, no thanks...

I'm not quite sure If I'm reading this right. But if your going to EWR once you go thru the train turn-style at the station you are free to get on to whatever train you like on the platform. Check in for the Amtrak but get on the Princeton Train Purchase price $10-15 on NJ Transit and take the NJ train directly to Princeton from the Newark airport and avoid PHL all together.

sardinesnack said:
I'm not quite sure If I'm reading this right. But if your going to EWR once you go thru the train turn-style at the station you are free to get on to whatever train you like on the platform. Check in for the Amtrak but get on the Princeton Train Purchase price $10-15 on NJ Transit and take the NJ train directly to Princeton from the Newark airport and avoid PHL all together.

Not a bad idea at all. But when it came down to the return portion of our trip back to the airport, Continental would know if we don't check in at the Amtrak station in PHL. So I don't think that would work either. Tis quite a silly situation!

I agree with you !!

User997 said:
I don't know how far of a trip it would be, but I'd say it'd almost be cheaper or atleast equivellant to rent a Cessna 172 Heavy, and just fly you and your lady up there and back.

Since she's probably making you go to the wedding, you might as well make an adventure out of it! And build some good quality cross country experience and time out of it.

Never underestimat the "Quik-Trak Self-Service Ticketing Kiosk"

They claim you can check in useing one of these machines from anywhere. Call Amtrak and find out if you can use the one at EWR to check in for your train at Philly.

mcjohn said:
Man, if you worked where I work you could get the employee discount on a beautiful new 172SP at 10% of the pre-pay rate. That's around 90/hr I think.
Oh wait, you do work where I work. Why don't you take the Arrow? Go down to Hendersonville and take their Arrow. It's only $110/hour.

man, why did you believe a scientist when he told you your sh1t dont stink?

Whatever metro..............Hi C172Heavy. I noticed all your time off on the schedule. Now I know. Yeah, it's expensive. I flew a C152 up to Penn. and it was 9.1 hours at a cost well over $500. That was a loooog time in 152 on a bumpy day! Stayed low though and it was beeeeauuutiful.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back