Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Rogue5

Adult Swim junkie
Just wanted to hear from any UAL folks what the feeling was as to how many are gonna take up the offer to work at SkyWest or Mesa.

There are lotsa guys on the regional board wondering how the 150 or so offers are going to be taken up as that will severely delay their own movement out of the pool and into a class here at SkyWest.

Any idea? I'd imagine many would rather collect unemployment, though some might want to get back up in the air.

Also, do you have any say as to which company you would work for?

Thanks in advance.

We do have a choice between Mesa or Skywest. It is going pretty junior so far (mostly to Mesa) I was lucky and found a job with another 121 carrier flying Boeings, some of my buds are not going to take any of the jobs at Mesa or Skywest, it is not worth the commute to the west coast for 27K.

We also can preference what airplane we want to fly ie...RJ, Dash-8, or 1900. I think UAL-ALPA was surprised at how junior the first slots were going.

Extra300S:

How many UAL furloughees decide to take the Mesa and Skywest positions is really hard to say. Some guys have been looking for a job awhile and unemployment is running out. Others got out of aviation and want back in. Both might situations, guys might job at the opportunity. Hard to say how many that are going to be furloughed are going to do.

I know alot that are not going to take it, but also know some that are.

Time will only tell.

I feel bad for the guys in the pool though. Its tough and I know you guys want to start working at a regional.

Just hang in there, the industry has to improve some time.

Does ALPA have anything in the works to get the midwest and east coast furloughees on with the other UAL carriers like ZW, CHQ, or TSA?

Re: UAL to Mesa

Flycatcher99 said:
Mesa/Air Midwest just started a BE1900 class of 8 UAL furloughees this past Monday.
We also can preference what airplane we want to fly ie...RJ, Dash-8, or 1900.

If you get your preference of airplane, why are guys going to the 1900 and not the jet? If nothing else, I would think the jet would bring the least culture shock. Just wondering? -Bean

do you guys also get your preference on which of the poolies you get to f in the azz..

they interviewed because the wanted the job, not because o mighty alpa said they could have it until things get better.

btw UAL guys, hope you like that "regional job" you'll be there a while.

and do skyw and Mesa guys get slots IF UAL/USAIR starts to ever hire again???????

F no.

So UAL ALPA put the screws to you, eh?

Did Mesa or Skywest's management have anything to say about this little deal??? Or did UAL ALPA just impose their almighty will on them like you say?

Yeah, bud, I'm sure the UAL furloughees are out to get you. Right.

do you guys also get your preference on which of the poolies you get to f in the azz..

Yet another profound example of Treetop bypassing the censor to get his point across the only way he knows how. Well done Crusty.

I would bet treetopflyer got a rejection letter from UAL at one point or another....why the hostility?

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back