How many types are you current in, PIC o

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Marmaduke McPug

I’m more interested in turbine ops than props, but all are welcomed to chime in.

I’m just curious as to the number both high and low (average) number of types of jets you are current in.

How about in the past, two, three how about four? Were they very different types or were they all from the same maker?

Just curious again… thazzzall…

Mike
:)

I am not checked out in too many different models of turboprops, and no jets so I am not sure if I am helping answer the question or just taking up space, but I am current part 135 in the BE20 Cessna 421, and the Cessna 340. I also am current part 91 in the King Air C90, Cheyenne 1 and two, as well as the 400LS. Sounds like a lot and it is, all I do is go to recurrent, take checkrides and sleep in hotels, seems like there is never time to go out and fly so I can pay the bills. Hmmmm. Good luck with your search.

Knelson

This is no longer the case, but at one point I was flying:

1. Falcon 20s
2. Citations
3. King Airs

To break it down even further, there were different models of each thrown into the mix. Each had some very different procedures, limitations and flying characteristics. Here is the further breakdown:

1. Falcon 20 C
2. Falcon 20 F
3. Citation I
4. Citation II
5. King Air C90
6. King Air F90
7. King Air 200

Oh, and yes, I was PIC on all of them. Also, I was a Flight Instructor on the Citations and King Airs, and a Ground Instructor on the Falcon 20s. Gotta love Part 135 operations. It was a great experience, and really helped my career, but I wouldn't want to do it again.

JetPilot500

Not me...

But I know an examiner that's current PIC (61.55) and current to give checkrides in..

(I think)
CE500 series
CE525 series
LR JET series
HS 125 series
IA-JET series
Astras (I don't know the type designator)

....and he does all of his training and checkrides in real airplanes. Pretty cool, huh?

Oh by the way, he's also typed in 727s and CE650 I think. Oh and the 560XL.

I go to the box twice a year on the BE-200 for my full-time job. However, I also receive (and provide) type-specific recurrent on Bonanzas and the C-310 for some contract work I do.

Tailwinds, y'all ...

R

Latest resources

Back