How many TSA furloughs?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

temcgrew

The updated seniority list just came out. It only shows 19 furloughs with 557 total pilots, Still active are half the class from Jan 06. Anyone on here know how far back they really go?

The way I understand it was the most senoir guy furloughed was hired Aug 05. So it goes back 11 months right now.

But if you add up all the PER's on the final master, there are 28 FO's. I'm assuming PER means personal leave, but why call it that; to make them feel better? Has anyone heard of another 30 furloughs in September; if so, it's been a hell of a year and a half! Time to get in line at the unemployment office. God do I hate Hulas and Ho jets! (just had to put that in there)

There are 48 total, I took my last flight today. The second to junior person was the junior 41 driver. I think it goes to the Sept. 05 class. I heard also about more furloughs so jump ship now and start sending out resumes.

Mr Biggelsworth said:
But if you add up all the PER's on the final master, there are 28 FO's. I'm assuming PER means personal leave, but why call it that; to make them feel better? Has anyone heard of another 30 furloughs in September; if so, it's been a hell of a year and a half! Time to get in line at the unemployment office. God do I hate Hulas and Ho jets! (just had to put that in there)

I heard that those 30 will be Aug 1st. Or did you already include the Aug 1st furloughs and mean even another 30 Sept 1st?

Nope, thought the 30 would be Sept 1st. Great, that would mean it's my last month.

Skywest is running classes every two weeks with 70 per class...talked to the interview board today and they told me if you know anyone to get them over here.

Latest resources

Back