Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Kittyhawk1048

The Judge
Just throwing it out there. How many of you think there should be a universal airport ID? Lets face it the big hangup when you start a new job is the background check and fingerprints. I think that if you have not had a lapse in employment that you should have a Universal Airport ID half of the waiting after the interview is waiting for background and fingerprints to clear which you have already done at your last job. Any thoughts?

And why does it take so long? If you get arrested they find out in an hour but any airline or aviation job takes weeks

Interesting commentary. On a different but related note I've questioned why regional airline dispatch groups haven't gotten rules that would pay a new hire with experiene at his current level. IE: 4 years 121 experience would put a new hire at the 4 year pay level from the get go.

Some TWU contracts do that, but there are others (Mesaba for example) that have it in the contract to pay for experience, but the company chooses not to...

Even then, the limit I have seen is up to 2 years of pay for experience regardless of your actual experience level...not much of an incentive...

Interesting commentary. On a different but related note I've questioned why regional airline dispatch groups haven't gotten rules that would pay a new hire with experiene at his current level. IE: 4 years 121 experience would put a new hire at the 4 year pay level from the get go.

Its not just dispatch.... Its every position within aviation...

Some TWU contracts do that, but there are others (Mesaba for example) that have it in the contract to pay for experience, but the company chooses not to...

Even then, the limit I have seen is up to 2 years of pay for experience regardless of your actual experience level...not much of an incentive...

The airline industry won't pay anyone more than they have to and Mesaba is no exception. They paid the 2 year rate to get people when there was a shortage of qualified applicants a while back, but there is usually quite a list of people who are trying to get into Mesaba. The forced move to Memphis makes it a lot tougher to get people though and even the senior dispatchers are bailing right now so we could see that again although I doubt if we get too many people with experience that would want to come here right now!!

Latest resources

Back