Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

how many pilot furloughs at AQ?

Explain to me the differences between the Cargo-Aloha, and the people-Aloha? Can you bid back and forth from one bid period to the next? (I assume monthly bidding.)

The article seems to indicate that there's some difference. I can't imagine what it could be.

For all intents and purposes there is no difference between the cargo and pax sides. We had two bases, one interisland -200 and one etops -700.

Cargo was on the -200 side and technically there might be some small things like overrides that made them sort of a separate group, but in reality, anyone could bid it any time (well if you were a -200 guy) Just ask the junior reserves who got swapped around all the time ;0)

This is a tough deal. Banmiller our CEO has threatened to personally sue our MEC chair. Basically we are forced to tell our brothers to work against our contract. In reality, I'd be highly surprised if anyone really believed that they should go to work tonight. Talk about sleeping with the enemy and taking food out of the mouth of your brothers!

What a lovely business this airline stuff can be!

More accurately: Swearingen Metroliner

Fairchild was later I believe.

San Antonio Sewer Tube. I remember when Mesaba had them.

Sorry to here about this AQ PILOT.

This industry sux...and management uses our love of airplanes and aviation to their advantage.

Couldn't happen in any other career because people would just move on and do something else instead of put up with this crap.

The original commuter aircraft...quite possibly the highest, one time ever flown, aircraft by passengers.

Don't think it was "The Original Commuter A/C", I flew the Beech 99, The 227 was high tech compared to the 99, At least I could pee in the 227 and make it go faster (water meth injection), in the Straight 99, all we had was prayer, in hopes we could make it around for landing. :)
KBB

Latest resources

Back