How many people do you need?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

nfg2u

How many people do you need to run a Large Cabin Class aircraft that does 70% International and 30% domestic averaging 550 hours a year on the a/c?
Just wondering where most flight departments stand.

We have:

1 CP
2 Captains
1 FA
1 DOM

What do you have and how many do you recomend?
Thx

Does the CP pull his own weight or does he sit behind the desk most of the time and cherry pick the choice trips?

Do you have duty time limits or does anything go?

Last edited:
Thanks,
I have already looked at the NBAA formula although they have some great tools I just thought I would get some real world input, not NBAA industry standard which can be a bit skewed sometimes.

If your 91 sounds like its okay if the owners don't have late returns early/departures, multi day overnight trips back to back, and give you slack during vacation and training, etc.

1 DO/Mechanic
1 CP
4 Captains
1 Full Time Mechanic
1 Cleaner
1 FA
Challenger 604 and a Piaggio, mostly domestic, 400-500 hrs a year each. Chief pilot works hard and delegates duties as necessary so thier is no cherry picking. Seems to work great...

Last edited:
Can anyone send the link to that NBAA formula? I think our flight department is quite understaffed...this would be interesting to see! Thanks

I would add a co pilot to the first group so you have more combinations that you can have to cover all the normal things.
You cna look at the mechanic area but if the aircraft is flying that much, it may never be where you could do much yourself anyway. You can use a contract flight attendant as backup.

http://www.nbaa.org/basics/admin/calcpilots.htm here is the link for the NBAA calculator, you may need a password to get there?. Its a bit vague in the way the calculations are made. You can tweak it a bit but Its still just a tool and doesn't do some situations justice.

Publishers,
I agree with the co-pilot, but not an option, they want nothing but qualed capytans...

Latest resources

Back