How many of you at QX would go to AS?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

unwashed

How many of you at QX would go to AS? I am interested in what the pilot group at QX is thinking, feeling and wondering.

I am a long way from being in the position to go there, but here is my opinion. I would still like to make it to the next and hopefully final step, and Alaska has always been on the top of my list, until recently. Really the two only companies I'd like to work for are Southwest and Alaska. I wouldn't want to buy a 737 type, but it seems right now(and probably for some time that it may almost be worth doing). I think about whenever it is I upgrade, and then become competitive, that Alaska would be long in to a profitable run and people would be happier there. Maybe it is wishful thinking, but that's what I hope. If I was a capt at QX now, leaving would probably be harder to do. I would have to have some money in savings to make it through the first year @35/hr. I really don't know what I would do now, but maybe in the future (which seems to be so hard to tell in this industry) it won't be hard to decide. Lucky for me, I have a long long time until then.

You guys need to leave QX ASAP. You'll never get to Alaska from QX. What is upgrade time? I hear close to a decade. You guys should do what I'm going to do, and go to Go Jets, get lots of jet PIC time. Alaska would be begging you to work there then. Just something for all of you loser QX pilots to think about.

No.W. said:
You guys need to leave QX ASAP. You'll never get to Alaska from QX. What is upgrade time? I hear close to a decade. You guys should do what I'm going to do, and go to GJs, get lots of jet PIC time. Alaska would be begging you to work there then. Just something for all of you loser QX pilots to think about.

Cool. Another lame flamebaiter. You would think that with all the opporunity for originality, somone...anyone...would come up with something good.

Instead, it's just the same, tired, old crap.

This board is really getting weak.

COME UP WITH SOMETHING BETTER OR QUIT WASTING MY TIME.:rolleyes:

Yank is quite right, and since you are not with QX the question at hand does not pertain to you.

No.W. said:
You guys need to leave QX ASAP. You'll never get to Alaska from QX. What is upgrade time? I hear close to a decade. You guys should do what I'm going to do, and go to GJs, get lots of jet PIC time. Alaska would be begging you to work there then. Just something for all of you loser QX pilots to think about.

For those QXer's who have replied thank you.

Last edited:
Sign me up. It can't get much worse......I hope! Plus, why the F*&k would I want to stay at QX and deal with these schedules any longer. I also would rather not commute my whole life if I don't have to. Taking a pay cut for one year isn't that bad. Just need to do a little saving for it.

dispatcher121 said:
That is just not true. AS almost never hires QX.

After 5 years with QX, I would have to take a paycut and start as an assistant dispatcher to move to AS....not interested.

I think he was referring to pilots, not dispatchers, but I could be wrong. For pilots, they do seem to take about 2 Horizon pilots in each class of 10-12. About half will be military, and the rest come from other commuters or Part 91 charter.

Singlecoil said:
I think he was referring to pilots, not dispatchers, but I could be wrong. For pilots, they do seem to take about 2 Horizon pilots in each class of 10-12. About half will be military, and the rest come from other commuters or Part 91 charter.

In my opinion half or more of that 10-12 should come from QX not just about 2 or less.

You would think they would want to snag as many from QX that would want to go, but I have also heard that since it is all the air group, they would be filling two air group postions. One at AS, and one at QX. I guess they don't want to do that. Anyone know the real reason AS doesn't like to take a lot of QX pilots? I am pretty sure that there would be more than two per class that would want to go.

Latest resources

Back