How many of us....

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

navigator72

How many of us can think of an available flying job right now? I am thinking of building a very simple website that pilots could post a job that they know of to help fellow pilots. The site would be free for everybody. Whaddya think?
I can personally think of 4 different places that are looking for pilots.

So what is so different from all the other ones out there; that its free?

The information would be provided by other pilots. Think of it as kind of an online network of pilots who share inside information about flying opportunities.

Honestly, I think a Forum is all that is needed for that. Likewise, I don't think enough attention is paid to that section on certain forums to deserve a website.

Just my 2c

I've been thinking about something like that too. I was thinking of a pilot-to- pilot or employer-to-pilot website sorted by airport/city.

There is a huge difference between an anonymous forum where people are disrespectful and say stuff they wouldn't say in a group, face to face and a website where people communicate to help each other.

I like the idea.

I think the idea's great, but all it would take is one or two postings right off of climbto350 and they might get upset at you for posting for free what they charge for. They may even claim copyright infringement or proprietary information or something. If you end up doing it, CYA my friend.

I agree with the CYA part however, I am not trying to get jobs from the different job sites. I am relying on the networking of other pilots who hear of jobs. I personally know of a few different flying jobs in my area and i'm not even flying for a living. I'm pretty sure at least 3 of them aren't posted online. They might be advertised in a local newspaper or at the airport but that's all. How is a pilot who is looking for a job supposed to find this job? This is where a website listing these 3-4 jobs I know about would come in handy. I would post them and the few of you who are looking for jobs can visit the listings (for free) and see if they are anything you are interested in.

I think the idea's great, but all it would take is one or two postings right off of climbto350 and they might get upset at you for posting for free what they charge for. They may even claim copyright infringement or proprietary information or something. If you end up doing it, CYA my friend.

How could you copyright a job posting? The same employer will post the same job all over different employment websites. If that were the case, wouldn't they be sueing each other? Granted, you cannot write the exact same thing as another website, but I would figure you knew that.

Latest resources

Back