Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

GOBUFFS

Beat Nebraska!!!
i got a message to call and schedule an interview, however, i am unable to get in touch with anyone except voicemail. how many voicemail mesages are too much. i want them to know how interested i am--at the same time not look like a stalker. i have been leaving 2 a week(monday/friday). should i increase the frequency of calls?
thanks in advance.
GB

Since you received a message that you aren't able to confirm, send a letter by priority mail, acknowleging the message, and giving several ways you can be contacted.

I'd write NOT A RESUME on the outside!!!

call daily

Leave messages, call every day at different times, start your message with you are returning a call, give them details of how to get a hold of you, tell them when you are available for an interview, and have them leave you a message to confirm, give them a pager number and you will return the call at that time. Show flexibility, remember they want to talk to you and you have to show interest to stay in the process. If we call someone and they never call back, we figure they are not interested. I don't know the size of the company you are calling, but many companies recruiting depts. are part time, or understaffed so they are not there to answer the phone. be friendly, not demanding, be persistence and accommodating. That is what I like to see in someone we are trying to get ahold of.

Keep calling

Just keep trying. Call them shortly after they open. I like Timebuilder's idea of sending a priority letter. I'd consider using UPS or FedEx (be careful who you use if it is a FedEx or UPS feeder who wants to interview you! :) ).

I ran into the same situation recently and I called every single day sometimes twice a day until I got a phone call back. I also sent a Fedex with a letter explaining that I was trying to return a call. The recruiter didnt mind and in fact appreciated the fact that I kept on him as he had hundreds of people to keep track off. These people get hundreds of messages a day so twice a week probably isnt enough.

Phone calls

Persistence reduces resistance.

Stay on them , sending a letter is good if you can get the persons name and title.

look them up in a corporiate directory may be get there Pvt. number,and then call.

If your talking to the president of the company ask him who the cheif pilot is then call him, I once picked up the phone and called the president of phizer drugs for an interview, also had sent a resume to his house, got his pvt number from the business directory.

Yes got an interview with in a week , he said he was impressed, but it went no where.

But keep trying, set your self a part from all the others.

Switch days monday moring every one in business is getting ready to tackel the week, and it is the first day back from week end , who works monday/ friday just as bad after 2:00pm in an office setting , the mind set is on what are we doing for the week end, based on 15 yr's of selling experiance.

Tuesday through thursday pound that phone harddddddddddddddd,

try calling at off times during the day. 8:45 9:15 11:20 and so on it may work.

Last edited:
I'd leave the few messages per week but...

On top of that I'd call every five minutes without leaving a message until you got a warm body to talk to!!!

Keep Dialing and good luck!!! You gotta catch up with them sooner or later...

thanks for all your replies. in the end persistence paid off and i was offered the job. thanks again.
GB

Just keep trying. Call them shortly after they open. I like Timebuilder's idea of sending a priority letter. I'd consider using UPS or FedEx (be careful who you use if it is a FedEx or UPS feeder who wants to interview you!

Many years ago, rumor had it that an individual was so excited about getting his/her resume to the HR dept at UPS, that they sent it FedEx next day air! Strangely enough, I don't think they got hired. It's probably happened more than once over the years.
:eek:

Latest resources

Back