How many hours do you a month at UA?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

taiar

How many hours do you fly a month at UA?

HI Ya'll...

Hope everyone had a good thanksgiving.

A question for all you United boys and girls? how many hours do you average a month. Bus, the guppy and wide body?

What are your lines built to hour wise? is there a median they try to shoot for?

I got a class date starting soon and just trying to work out the finances.

Thanks.

Last edited:
HI Ya'll...

Hope everyone had a good thanksgiving.

A question for all you United boys and girls? how many hours do you average a month. Bus, the guppy and wide body?

What are your lines built to hour wise? is there a median they try to shoot for?

I got a class date starting soon and just trying to work out the finances.

Thanks.

My line on the Bus was built to F'n 94 hours this month. Waay too many. I'd say the average narrowbody line is built to 88 hours. On reserve you can get 90 hours if you want it. Otherwise, if you know how to play the reserve game and don't want to fly over guarantee, you'll still end up in the 60 hour range. Guarantee is only 70. The key is to stay as far away from 70, no matter which side of 70 you're on.

any raises going to kick in before the amenable date?

Credit or hard hours flown?

What's the typical ratio of credit to hards hours? (if there is such a thing)

UA line val

Reserves guar. is 70 hrs. May fly 50 or 95 depending on that month's training bubble (fat or thin).
Line guar. 65 and cap 95. Senior fly 65 and bottom 75% fly 95 hrs, 12 days off. Problem is 30 hr gap between guar and cap, and how pbs handles it. Senior guys fly low time cause no work rules, daily min, etc. Why let them steal your pay when you can give it back up front and stay home. There is no credit time in narrowbody, just straight time. I worked under a better contract 20 yrs ago at a non-union commuter. Good luck

Reserves guar. is 70 hrs. May fly 50 or 95 depending on that month's training bubble (fat or thin).
Line guar. 65 and cap 95. Senior fly 65 and bottom 75% fly 95 hrs, 12 days off. Problem is 30 hr gap between guar and cap, and how pbs handles it. Senior guys fly low time cause no work rules, daily min, etc. Why let them steal your pay when you can give it back up front and stay home. There is no credit time in narrowbody, just straight time. I worked under a better contract 20 yrs ago at a non-union commuter. Good luck

I am confident that things will get better in the future for you guys, but for the time being the life of a narrowbody pilot (especially for the bottom lineholders) stinks. This is just one of the reasons I didn't go back to United when offered final recall earlier this year.

I truly hope things work out for all of you at United.

x-GP

Latest resources

Back