• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

How many hours are you guys flying?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Flew roughly 450 hours in 2009, about 325 in the Citation (one month in the II and 10 months CJ2+, without a jet one month) and 125 in the Cirrus SR22.

Averaged 15 days per month worked and had somewhere around 60 RON for the year, which includes 16 for CJ Initial and 2 for the new airplane delivery. Average duty day was about 12 hours.

Part 91, two planes (one Citation/one Cirrus), two pilots and use contract pilots as needed.

Iam amazed by all the bragging of how little you fly. Ive been laid off 3 times since 2003 asresult of not enough work. I rather be bragging the 800 hrs my company NEEDED my service.

I don't think its "bragging" either...but I'm also not complaining.

I have been in corporate for 14yrs now, and never flew more than 300hrs a year and have never been laid off (knock on wood). I have no desire to fly more hours...and I would certainly never take a job that flew 800hrs a year.

I have met people who said they wouldn't like my job because its not enough flying.....:eek:....That's fine, takes all sorts!

It is what it is, I dont plan the trips I just fly em (well, some of em)

Iam amazed by all the bragging of how little you fly. Ive been laid off 3 times since 2003 asresult of not enough work. I rather be bragging the 800 hrs my company NEEDED my service.

I never intended this thread to have anything to do with bragging, nor do I believe there is any bragging going on. I simply asked a question and I believe people are responding appropriately.

I do however sympathize with your situation and feel your pain. I myself have been furloughed twice and laid off once since 2001. I wish you well

Citation Bravo - Single Pilot Part 91

2009 - 235 hrs, 86 overnights
2008 - 215 hrs, 90 overnights

About 350 a year between the GV and the 850XP, about 75 RONS. 7 pilots, 2 aircraft. Flying time has been pretty constant over the last 4 years, 350-400 hours a year and 70-75 RONS.

This info is useful for the OP, but I would take it with a grain of salt. Most of the answers are coming from guys with good jobs. They don't fly much and are home most nights. You're not hearing from the guys working their butts off because nobody wants to brag about working hard. Look at the W-2 thread in the majors section. All the SWA guys are chiming in, but you're not hearing a whole lot from the rest of the airline guys. The info is accurate, but it's only telling you part of the story. It probably isn't indicative of the average. My guess it's the same with this thread.

Here's a better example of someone who works a fair amount, I'd feel like I was on vacation with some of those numbers. lol Though admittedly I do very little corporate work, mostly freight here's my numbers.

Time-950hrs
Duty Days-171
Rons-25

A 125-800a (Hawker)

2008 6 Rons per month, 5 days worked, 223 hrs total
2009 4 Rons per month, 4 days worked, 133 hrs total
One aircraft two full time pilots, contract as needed.

Latest resources

Back