• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

How many hours are you guys flying?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
""You got it all wrong, don't go by hours flown, go by days worked (include R.O.N. days whether flying or not). That's a much better guage of quality-of-life in corporate flying. ""

exactly,
and caveman has it right too.... i have one of the better corporate jobs.
part 91 ....... family............. G450........... 2 pilots 1 mechanic 1 flight attendant

average last 2-3 years 150 hrs. but we do sit in Hotels alot average 90 to 100 nights plus training .........

This info is useful for the OP, but I would take it with a grain of salt. Most of the answers are coming from guys with good jobs. They don't fly much and are home most nights. You're not hearing from the guys working their butts off because nobody wants to brag about working hard. Look at the W-2 thread in the majors section. All the SWA guys are chiming in, but you're not hearing a whole lot from the rest of the airline guys. The info is accurate, but it's only telling you part of the story. It probably isn't indicative of the average. My guess it's the same with this thread.

Well, maybe not....I consider my job pretty average.

Most halfway decent single airplane jobs have 3 pilots. Most also fly around 300 hours/yr. Nights away vary greatly of course by job..and yes, thats what really counts.

Now, having 2 pilots and flying Joe Rich Jerkoff to Palm Beach Thurs-Mon every single weekend means about 100hrs a year of flying and WAY TOO MANY hotel nights. Excessive nights away kill QOL for the majority of us.

So long as you are not on charter/management the hours here really are pretty normal for Pt91 gigs.

Add in vacation (3-4 weeks/yr) training, mx, etc...its easy to be home quite a bit....and thats fine!

Iam amazed by all the bragging of how little you fly. Ive been laid off 3 times since 2003 asresult of not enough work. I rather be bragging the 800 hrs my company NEEDED my service.

Hours- 511 split between a G450 and a CJ3
Nights-71- thanks to marriott double nights alot more!!!!

Fortune 500 company 2 airplanes 6 pilots.

CJ3- about 500 hours
450- about 400 hours

Flew less last year. this year what the busiest year out of the 4 with the company.

Many thanks and keep the replies coming in. I do have a new question for you though, prompted by a couple of your replies: what is your airplane to pilot ratio. For example my company has 3 jets (all different types) and 5 pilots. We are all typed and current in at least 2 of the 3.

Iam amazed by all the bragging of how little you fly. Ive been laid off 3 times since 2003 asresult of not enough work. I rather be bragging the 800 hrs my company NEEDED my service.

Not bragging, just stating facts. But I am not complaint either. It is what it is.

Latest resources

Back