How many G's is a U2 stressed to take?

AC560

Total Time
Congrats on the article in this month's Flying Huggy.

Kuma

Happy to be here!
Total Time
"We try to keep it below two Gs," Huggy repeats, nodding for emphasis.

Quote from page 42, "Dragon Hearts", Flying Magazine March 2009 issue.

Mamma

Total Time
+1
I hear the U-2 community is interviewing guard/reserves for active duty slots. Is this for a certain amount of time like 3 years or is it a full call back to active duty? Sounds interesting!

Kuma

Happy to be here!
Total Time
Mamma-

There is an ADSC involved. I think it is 4 years but if you are interested contact AFPC. In order for us to interview you, AFPC has to say they'll entertain bringing you onto active duty.

We are interviewing a C-130 reservist this week. We interviewed a C-17 reservist about 3 weeks ago.

If you're interested, read the article that Tumbleweed posted and then go to the U-2 pilot application located:

http://www.beale.af.mil/shared/media/document/AFD-080313-064.doc

Huggyu2

Live to fly; fly to live
Total Time
9000+
Congrats on the article in this month's Flying Huggy.
Thank you.
As a side note, that's Kuma and I on the front cover! Can you tell which one is which??

We did that shot departing Oshkosh last August.

LearLove

Total Time
12000+
huggy, was that you flying the U-2 (2 seater) in the Dec08 Aviation Week pic issue?

Sig

Total Time
100%
Those articles couldn't have come at a better time for me. I've been in a seventh-grade (in magnitude and attitude) funk the past three weeks, and I just got a clue-by-four upside the head. It reminded what to think about next time I show to work.

Huggy, Kuma- you guys are Duke Elegant. Amazing! Words aren't enough. You're all legendary.

Kuma

Happy to be here!
Total Time
Sig-

I don't know what Huggy and I did to put us in the category with Duke Elegant. He is a hero.

I'm glad that you enjoyed the articles that Lane Wallace wrote about our brotherhood.

I propose a toast to Duke Elegant and to aviators world wide.

Kuma