How long to hold CLT as FO at US Air?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

justin15e

I talked to a US Air guy today and asked how long it would take to hold an FO slot in CLT and he said, "its a lot better now, you can be a reserve FO in a mere 20 years..."

I was like, YGTBFSM!! I never applied to USAir because I thought it was bad, but is it really this bad or was the guy pullin my leg?

depends on what plane you want to fly.....when they base some 190's in clt this summer you can hold it pretty quick probably

Do you know the answer to the question though?

How senior is the most junior FO "currently" at US Air in CLT?

It's certainly not "your father's USAir".

I wouldn't walk into that mess with a gun to my back. With your quals, there are a bunch of better options. TC

Right, Reserve FO in a mere 20 years.....
That was then....in the coming years, I forsee quick upgrades at USAir. They didn't hire many back in the late 90's when everyone else was hiring and the time they did hire before that was the late 80's early 90's. That was almost 20 years ago! That means to me that they are all gonna retire enmass in the coming years. ;)

Correct me if I am wrong.

EMB 190 slots open this summer, those will be highly desireable over PHL 190. Hard to say, but anything like 20 year stuff does not apply for 190 FO flying. If things go on without any disruptions, I think 1-2 years would be likely. Much longer to get out of 190, of course.

The above comment is, obviously, speculation; but that is what the poster requested.

Right, Reserve FO in a mere 20 years.....
That was then....in the coming years, I forsee quick upgrades at USAir. They didn't hire many back in the late 90's when everyone else was hiring and the time they did hire before that was the late 80's early 90's. That was almost 20 years ago! That means to me that they are all gonna retire enmass in the coming years. ;)

Correct me if I am wrong.

I think that's pretty accurate. (as long as the old gummers don't change it to age 70...). And, as for the east vs west, it can't last forever. It will eventually work itself out (it may take years, but eventually we'll all just get along...).

But, what do I know? I've only been here for 4 months, and it's still better than either of the Supplementals or the regional I was at...

You apply yet, Mr. Hat?

Latest resources

Back